Technology Specialist (Mobile & Fixed Telecom)
FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a Joint Venture, which is responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM.
The Technology Specialist (Mobile & Fixed Telecom) is responsible for orchestrating the projects related to Voice-Over-IP (VoIP), Basic Rate ISDN, and Mobile Network Services of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC, managing design, scoping, planning, sign off, operation and dismantling of these services.
Ensure all aspects of the implementation of the services related to Mobile and Fixed Telecom according to FIFA requirements, from the planning, deployment, tests to handover to operation with the appropriate support model, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Ensure clear communication and understanding from Host Country and its MNO and suppliers on FIFA requirements for fixed and mobile services, including but not limited to: fixed telephony, VoIP, mobile coverage and capacity (4G and 5G), International connectivity, satellite back up.
- Guide the collection of Telephony, ISDN, and Mobile Services requirements, adhering to FIFA IT Handbook, under robust change management protocol
- Support Technology Equipment Allocation Process for area of responsibilities.
- Contribute to VoIP services designs and ensure that all FIFA requirements are considered.
- Ensure that the design of host country Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) for all mobile networks including 4th generation (4G) and 5th generation (5G) mobile have adequate coverage and capacity and meet FIFA minimum requirements, attending inspections and drive tests as well as support the RFP process.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise throughout the planning process and signing off designs.
- Ensure Telephony, ISDN, and Mobile Services requirements are delivered according to required scope and schedule.
- Manage and follow-up with providers (including Host Country relevant parties & FIFA) the delivery of VoIP and ISDN as per agreed FIFA services requirements, ensuring smooth exchange of information between collaborative groups.
- Track the progress of MNOs implementation of 4G/5G mobile network coverage and capacity to the following FWC 2022 identified locations.
- Report progress, issues and risks related to IT projects and operations, according to IT governance and keep counterpart aligned.
- Ensure all information pertaining to the delivery and support of the Telephone and Mobile Services are communicated to and well understood by stakeholders and involved parties.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and perform adequate communication with relevant parties.
- Manage third-party service providers during every phase of the project.
- Ensure that the services are delivered as per required.
- Supervise the centralised monitoring of IP Telephony and oversee MNOs monitoring for Mobile Services.
- Provide reports on a regular basis.
- Support the smooth termination of the venues/sites and hand-over to Host Country.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Deliver technical guidance, coaching & mentoring to team members.
- Prepare good practice and educational material for personnel.
- Any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum experience of 8-10 years in Mobile and Fixed Telecom (VoIP/ 4G LTE/ 5G).
- University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in international major sports events on a similar position or as a Venue Telecom Manager.
- Strong skills and knowledge in CISCO IP Telephony solutions; Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager).
- Strong skills and knowledge in Mobile Network Service Providers networks for 4G/5G.
- Technology certifications such as CCIE-Telephony.
- Should have excellent experience in networks design, protocols, commissioning and operation of VoIP systems.
- Strong experience Project Management skills to manage large-size and complex projects and initiatives.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Experience or knowledge of local culture is essential.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines.
- Positive attitude, resilience and persistence.