Project Manager - Relations with the Sport Movement
- Full Time
The Organising Committee for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games ("Paris 2024") is looking for a Project Manager to join the Sports Department.
In compliance with the Host City Contract, signed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the City of Paris and the French National Olympic and Sports Committee (CNOSF), Paris 2024 is responsible for:
- Plan, organise, fund and deliver the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, as well as associated events;
- Promote the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in France and internationally;
- Participate in actions to ensure the sustainability of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris 2024;
- Contribute to maximise the positive impact and legacy of the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
He / she will be in charge of relations with all the stakeholders of the sports Movement (French National Olympic and Sports Committee - CNOSF, French Paralympic and Sports Committee - CPSF, national sports federations), and will contribute in liaison with the Director of Sports to promote the project.
He / she will ensure in particular the establishment and monitoring of their involvement in the project in different dimensions (technical, commitment and legacy).
The position is under the authority of the Sports Director and will play an important role in the promotion of the project at the national level and in the communication, integration and mobilisation of the whole of the French sports movement. It will be a privileged link with the CNOSF and the CPSF.
This position requires autonomy, a good ability to work on different projects and to prioritize topics. The operational dimension of the project requires having a great practical sense and an ability to work under pressure. The ideal candidate will be clearly action oriented. He / she will have an ability to deal with multiple stakeholders from different backgrounds and may be asked to represent the Sports Director in meetings or events and speak in public during promotional events of the project with national sports federations or local authorities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager - Relations with the Sport Movement will be :
- Entry point within the Organising Committee for subjects related to national sports federations.
- Operational management of relations with all the national sports federations (Olympic / Paralympic and affiliated federations) related to the promotion and legacy of the project, in collaboration with the CNOSF, the CPSF and the Legacy department of Paris 2024.
- With the CNOSF, the CPSF and the various Paris 2024 directorates involved, raise awareness among all national sports federations to the multiple dimensions of the Paris 2024 project and monitor their involvement for : Technical (pre-Olympic training camps, training sites, test events, national technical delegates, volunteers), Engagement (mobilisation of members and clubs) and Legacy (mobilisation of national sports federations with Paris 2024 vision)
- Communicate and liaise with the various stakeholders (national sports federations, local authorities) in order to inform and mobilise them to support the Olympic and Paralympic project.
- Write notes, presentations and follow up documents.
Qualifications, skills and qualifications required
- Higher education Degree +5 years with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience in project management
- Good knowledge of the French federal sports environment, the Olympic and Paralympic environment and the functioning of the world of sport as a whole.
- Former professional experience in sport (international or national federation, CNO / CNP, international sports event, agency, media etc.) is an asset.
- Ability to lead, mentor and build a team environment to deliver brilliant
- Very good writing skills
- Ability speak in public
- Rigorous, structured and creative
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and maintain deadlines
- Sense of listening, ability to demonstrate team spirit and mutual help
- High motivation and efficiency, even in a light supervision environment
- Stress resistance in an area exposed to the media
- Proficient in French (oral and written)