World Para Classification Manager (F/M/X)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) offers the position of a full-time World Para Swimming Classification Manager (f/m/x) in an international and multicultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
About the IPC
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission.
The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC, a purpose-driven non-profit association, is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for six Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
World Para Swimming (WPS) is the department within the IPC responsible for the administration and growth of Para swimming worldwide. WPS is committed to providing Para athletes with opportunities to showcase their abilities and achieve sporting excellence. Para swimming is practised internationally in nearly 100 countries and has featured in every edition of the Paralympic Games, growing into one of the biggest and most attractive sports.
The World Para Swimming Classification Manager is accountable to the Head of World Para Swimming and will be responsible for driving and developing the classification portfolio of World Para Swimming.
The role will be responsible for managing the Para swimming classification portfolio, both the operational and developmental aspects and ensuring processes are compliant with the IPC Athlete Classification Code.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Para swimming classification strategy;
- Reporting regularly on the progress of the classification strategy, the planning and delivery of classification activity to Head of World Para Swimming;
- Managing the planning and delivery of international classification opportunities and training initiatives;
- Managing and building effective relationships with the Head of Classification, the classification working groups, the volunteer classifier workforce and key stakeholders;
- Updating and maintaining classification documents (e.g. rules and regulations, guidelines, material) and supporting classification research initiatives; and
- Supervising and mentoring the WPS Classification co-ordinator and working closely with the WPS team.
For this exciting and challenging role, we are looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate. With a strong work ethic, a positive can-do attitude and passion for providing Para athletes with opportunities to showcase their abilities;
- Experience in compliance and/or sports integrity related work (e.g., rules and regulations);
- Proven ability to meet deadlines independently, and work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, including during occasional weekend work and business trips;
- Experience in managing/leading staff and volunteers, able to foster a positive and cooperative environment when working under pressure;
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters;
- Ability to assess situations with sound judgement and diplomacy skills;
- Relevant experience or equivalent university degree in sport (Management, Business, Law or Science);
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English verbal and written skills; and
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in classification;
- Experience in Para swimming or Swimming;
- University degree in biomechanics or kinesiology, adapted physical activity, or physiotherapy;
- A strong interest in scientific concepts and methodologies related to sport-specific classification.
Do you want to apply?
If yes, please send your CV and Cover letter to the email provided.
An extended job description is attached below.