Women's National Head Coach U23 - 3yr FTC
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at our National Football Centre, St. George's Park.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Lead the England Women's U23 team overseeing a multidisciplinary team that delivers a world leading programme and environment that readiness players for senior international football.
- In collaboration with England Women lead the development and delivery of a seasonal fixture programme of training camps, games, and tournaments.
- Overall leadership and management of players and staff in the preparation for, delivery of and review of international events and tournament.
- Responsible for the selection of squads for England events, working closely with the multidisciplinary team and Senior Women Head Coach.
- Performance of the team and individuals and effective readiness for England Women.
- Leadership and delivery of the overall technical and tactical programme ensuring the alignment with age groups above and below.
- Lead the creation of an outstanding performance environment for players and staff including establishing a strong team identity.
- Weekly scouting responsibilities for WU23 and Senior Women players.
- Attend weekly technical coaching meetings at St Georges Park.
- To support the identification, information transfer and development journey of high priority players.
- Work with the Analyst department to undertake thorough opposition analysis, and prepare appropriate playing strategies.
- Assist in the development of research projects, analysis and benchmarking of other nations and sports.
- Develop outstanding club relationships to support the delivery of individual player development plans.
- Consistently demonstrate and role model England Coaching Attributes.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all key stakeholders including club coaches and multi -disciplinary teams.
- As required collaborate with FA media and communications staff to ensure consistent appropriate management of external communications, and social media.
- To effectively manage a team of both full time and consultant staff.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- UEFA A Licence.
- High level people development skills and experience,
- Consistent, successful experience of management and development of elite players and multi-disciplinary staff,
- Ability to demonstrate inspirational leadership on and off the pitch using a variety of methods and approaches,
- Significant experience of working with senior players with a track record of high performance,
- Demonstrate understanding of senior women's international football,
- Experience of being a head coach within the women's game,
- Experience of working in high performing environments,
- Deep knowledge of technical and tactical components of the women's international game including strategies and tactics,
- Ability to create and implement a Player Development Plan,
- Growth mind-set and strong evidence of continued professional development,
- Explicit knowledge and understanding of the England DNA.
- Extensive experience of Excel,
- Ability to effectively manage budgets,
- Advanced Microsoft Office,
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key .stakeholders
- UEFA Pro Licence.
- Experience working in the WSL and or Championship,
- Understanding of the demands of international women's football.
- Basic Project Management skills,
- Basic Analysis skills.
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that the role is contractually homebased, however, there will be an expectation that the successful candidate will need to be flexible towards the needs of the organisation. You will be required to be at St George's Park training facility for a minimum of two days per week on Monday's and Tuesday's.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.