Women's National Coach Developer
To help us develop the world's best sporting education system and contribute to a winning World Cup.
To be part of a dedicated team who will drive and support Coach Development in the Women's professional game, semi-professional game and the talent pathway. Typically supporting coaches through FA and UEFA qualifications as well as the vital support required outside and between the qualifications, whether that is one on one mentoring or providing enhanced and bespoke CPD which supports a coach be the best they can be in the women's game.
Support the development of UEFA B Level 3 and UEFA A Level 4 Qualifications (where appropriate support the Advanced Youth Award Level 4 and UEFA Pro Level 5 Qualifications) through more personalised, contextualised, regional and national delivery, support and assessment provision.
- To drive coach development at Levels 3, 4 and 5 working within Tier 1-3 of the Senior women's game and the top of the talent pathway RTC network
- To support the delivery of UEFA B and UEFA A courses; and where appropriate support the Advanced Youth Award and UEFA Pro Licence courses
- To provide regional, onsite support and training (awards, bespoke CPD, mentoring) to women's club coaches within designated club cluster/region (primarily the West & East Midlands) as part of a team of 4 Women's Coach Developers – this may vary from region to region, club to club
- To promote coaching effectiveness within Tier 1-3 women's clubs and the talent pathway
- To develop and deliver a forward thinking, contextualised and personalised CPD provision for the women's game
- Develop collaborative links in and outside football to ensure content remains contemporary and relevant to the demands and the future of the women's game
- To promote, evolve and contextualise the England DNA coaching & playing philosophy for player and coach development in the women's game
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the FA Technical Directorate, supporting the delivery of the strategic interventions, milestones and goals outlined in the Women's Head of Coach Development strategic plan
- To actively provide opportunities to enhance the diversity targets at UEFA B, UEFA A and UEFA Pro for coaches and tutors
- Lead and/or contribute to research into targeted subject areas to help support the Women's game
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA's and the Women's Game changing priorities
What we are looking for
- Women's football knowledge and experience of working in the women's game
- Experience in building and maintaining strong long-lasting stakeholder relationships
- Hold UEFA A Licence and FA Youth Award Coaching Qualifications
- Considerable experience in Coach / Female Player Development in Women's football (U9s-U23s, Talent Pathway and or Senior Football Experience of developing coaches from the Women's game)
- Experience in facilitating individual, small and large group sessions effectively
- Mentoring experience and or qualifications
- Excellent theoretical and practical understanding of communication and presenting skills
- Excellent understanding of teaching and learning, adopts a variety of approaches
- A modern, progressive approach to coaching and learning
- Ability to influence and persuade individuals and groups internally and externally with clear, well researched views consistent with FA strategy on player and coach development
- Ability to engage and motivate both adult coaches and young players (female and male) during practical demonstrations
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and to build effective/collaborative internal relationships
- Demonstrate an understanding of reflective learning (Plan-Do-Review)
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Knowledge of current issues that impact upon the development of our young female players
- Knowledge and understanding of the WSL, Women's Championship, Women's National Leagues and high performing multi-disciplinary environments
- Proven track record in the design/implementation and evaluation of a Female Player and Team Development programmes
- Experience of developing Coach Developers in Women's Football and/or other football contexts
- Experience in creating and delivering content for an online learning environment
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.