Wembley Stadium - Senior Project Manager
It's everyone's stadium...
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Projects Manager who will be based at Wembley Stadium. You will manage programmes of Stadium refurbishment projects across hospitality, retail and facilities management. The successful candidate will lead a team and manage multiple capital investment projects to assist with the ongoing development of Wembley Stadium.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the Capital Investment programme of projects at Wembley Stadium and lead a team of project managers.
- Support the Head of Property with developing ongoing Capital Investment masterplan strategy and deliver projects to budget and programme.
- Manage monthly reporting across capital investment programmes.
- Assume accountability and overall leadership for the delivery of multiple projects and work streams within area(s) of responsibility.
- In conjunction with Project Sponsors, formulate project briefs and project objectives and translate these into scopes of work and formulate appropriate procurement strategies to deliver the best value for the Business in consultation with relevant departments.
- Determine key stakeholders and consult effectively to ensure user requirements are defined and reflected in emerging project briefs. Establish project governance and structure appropriate for successful delivery.
- Appoint and lead teams of professional advisors and project stakeholders to ensure project briefs are effectively translated into designs and specifications.
- Provide and present reports at key project milestones to ensure project proposals are signed off by the business / key stakeholders.
- Derive (and maintain) cost estimates for projects and work with Finance partners and project sponsors to create (and maintain) business cases for business approval.
- Developed detailed programme and sequencing for all phases of the project lifecycle. Ensure projects are appropriately phased and planned around the event calendar, other interfacing construction projects, and key stakeholders are appropriately engaged and coordinated.
- Establish project plans and timelines considering operational constraints and key business milestones. Assume responsibility to ensure projects are successfully delivered within pre-determined deadlines.
- Assume responsibility to deliver projects independently within approved budgets. Track and monitor project costs through their life cycle.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for a small team to assist with the delivery of projects assigned to them.
- Prepare and present expenditure approval requests and seek business approval for capital projects in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present project reports to ensure the business is kept updated on major/strategic projects.
- Identify project risks and formulate relevant strategies to manage and mitigate these.
- Formulate and implement relevant strategies to ensure the quality standards are set and achieved.
- Ensure projects are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all relevant statutory approvals are obtained for capital projects.
What are we looking for?
Essential for the role:
- Extensive experience in project management within a senior/lead position in the construction industry (8+ years).
- Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects independently through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Highly organised, self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead internal and external project teams.
- Attainment of Prince 2 or equivalent.
- Attainment of relevant degree qualification.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH)
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with local planning authorities/planning regulations.
Beneficial to have:
- Experience in a venue development role within the stadia, arena and event design/construction/infrastructure industry an advantage.
- Experience in hospitality, retail and facilities management and civil engineering-type projects.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. MRICS, APM, etc).
What's in it for you?
We are committed to ensuring everyone can flourish in their roles, in order to achieve this we have unique office spaces under the arch of the iconic Wembley National Stadium, which is the home of English Football.
We pride ourselves in offering a competitive salary as well as great opportunities to develop and grow in your role. But that is not all; we also have a range of exciting benefits, some of which can be found on our careers page.
Please note, despite the organisation working towards a hybrid model, due to the nature of this role, there will be an expectation that you will be on site at Wembley Stadium from up to 4 days per week.
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.