Volunteer Recruitment Centre Coordinator
The Volunteer Recruitment Centre Coordinator is an integrated member of the department with the objective to support the mission of the Q22 Volunteers Program by coordinating the volunteer recruitment centre, including the selection of volunteers during the interview process, training facilities and support and recreation area during the tournament.
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination of services and management of volunteers that will support the volunteer centre.
The position requires a clear communicator, both verbal and written, organised with effective time management skills, demonstrating a willingness to learn and adapt, with the highest standards of behavior, detail orientation, collaborative manner and work ethic.
- Design and implement the Volunteer center to facilitate recruitment, training and volunteers engagement
- Collaborate closely with the volunteer recruitment coordinator to develop and deliver the selection process of volunteers
- Define flows and operation requirements for the Volunteer Centre
- Plan a consistent experience across projects and delivery entities, ensuring appropriate and optimised resources to deliver the agreed service levels
- Develop procedures and flows for an effective operation of the centre
- Deliver and coordinate the functional and operational plans for all aspects of the Volunteer Centre
- Scope all physical operation spaces, overlay, technology and other equipment associated with the Volunteer Centre
- Work with key service providers such as Catering, Logistics and IT to ensure services are planned and delivered
- Develop and coordinate business process and procedures for WKF system requirements to support on site operations
- Coordinate all operations of the Volunteer Centre, including manage services and crowd flow
- Contribute to the volunteers training and volunteers on-boarding for the Volunteer Centre team
- Manage scheduling in the Volunteer Centre
- Collaborate, support and motivate the team of paid staff and volunteers who will deliver Workforce Operations on site;
- Collaborate with the wider Workforce Team on a day-to-day, operational basis.
Support the delivery of Volunteer Centers for events prior to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, in particular: testing assumptions that can apply to the FWC2022
- Adapt to the needs of the role as per Q22 evolution
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job
- Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
- to a high standard of quality and timeliness
- in full compliance with the Q22 Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and requirements in line with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system.
- University degree
- Master’s Degree an additional asset
- Minimum 5 years in the areas of Event and Volunteer Management
- Experience in major event in workforce management, logistics, with expertise in operational planning and delivery experience in large scale international sport events
- Experience of working in the region and knowledge of local culture is a bonus
- Proven ability to manage clients and relations with multiple departments
- Excellent communications skills and people management skills
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player, willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Proven experience in working in a database environment
- English fluency – spoken and written (required),
- Arabic language is an advantage