Volunteer Assistant - UEFA EURO 2020 (in 2021)
The UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent's top talent since its inception in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 which is taking place in 2021 will be played across 12 host countries and cities for the first time.
London and Wembley Stadium will host 7 matches in total between June and July 2021 - three group stage matches, one last-16 match, both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
The objective of the UEFA EURO 2020 Volunteer Programme is to plan and implement a meaningful, high quality, efficient and memorable programme across all UEFA EURO 2020 venues. Approximately 1200 volunteers will be required to assist with the delivery of the event's wide-ranging projects in and around Wembley Stadium.
The main mission of the LOS Volunteer Assistant is to assist the LOS Volunteer Manager and LOS Volunteer Coordinator to oversee and deliver the UEFA EURO 2020 Volunteer Programme, ensuring that volunteers are efficiently on-boarded, trained and prepared to perform their roles and to support the event. For this special EURO edition, UEFA would like to ensure the population of each of the host cities/countries will be fully engaged, thus creating a legacy for volunteering in Europe. It is the ambition to offer volunteers an unforgettable experience so that they embody a positive image of football across each of the host countries and beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the Volunteer Management team to ensure that the event's administrative requirements are delivered in full including: inputting and editing data across multiple databases and spreadsheets, preparation of training materials and developing and updating reports and attendance lists during the various stages of the volunteer programme, for example during shift scheduling and training events
- Be a key point of contact for Volunteers throughout the process including online (email and social media), phone calls and face to face
- Assist with the design and delivery of an effective training programme
- Provide assistance in relation to all volunteers' needs including transport and accessibility requirements
- Help to manage the volunteer centre at tournament time providing inspiration and motivation to the volunteers
- Distribution of uniforms and recognition items to volunteers
- Other duties as required to support the Volunteer Management team in the delivery of the Volunteer Programme and the wider delivery of UEFA EURO 2020 tournament