Venue Transport Manager
Venue Transport is responsible for the development, management and delivery of all venue-based operations. The Venue Transport Manager is required to manage arrivals and departures of all FIFA constituent groups. Oversee staff for the transport help desks and manage the internal and external designated parking areas for clients such as Teams, Referees, VVIP’s,VIP’s, hospitality, media, broadcast and workforce. Venues may include stadiums, training sites, hotels and the International Broadcast Centre/Main Media Centre.
The Venue Transport Manager is also to build, train and motivate the Venue Operation team of paid staff and volunteers for the duration of the FWC Qatar 2022 project, including any additional auxiliary events.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure and follows through on tasks.
- Develop Transport Plans for FIFA Constituent at Venues, Sites and Facilities
- Responsible for cost effective and efficient Venue transport operations
- Perform traffic analysis of operations and ensure proposed plans are tested
- Coordinate with all Q22 Functional Areas, Stakeholders and transport systems to ensure plans are developed to fit with overall Transport proposals (FIFA / Q22 / SCDL)
- Liaise extensively with bus operations staff and fleet operations staff to ensure a successful Transportation operation
- Work with chosen suppliers/contractors within the various parking/traffic management/load zone locations
- Liaise extensively with local authorities to deliver a seamless transportation operation
- Work closely with SCDL and contribute to the development of Local Area Traffic Management Plans
- Work closely with the Security to ensure transport plans are coordinated with the security provisions
- Management of transport information desks and supervising all volunteer and staff needs on site
- Prepare risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies
- Develops walk through and testing and readiness exercise plans
- Support delivery of Transport for all test events prior to the FIFA World Cup 2022
- Responsible for management of VAPPs boards and transport load zones at each venue
- Responsible for placement, control and storage of transport related FF&E
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, Project management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position.
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset
- Minimum of Five (5) years Transport work experience: ideally within the football, sport, event or Three (3) years of experience as a Venue Transport Manager, or Three (3) years equivalent management position.
- Experience in interviewing employees regarding accidents, complaints, grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from support staff, managers, and clients. The individual must be motivated, capable of working independently, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Venue, sites and facilities operation experience within at least one mega project event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and / or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.).
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Basic knowledge of transit operations involved in moving FIFA Constituents by vehicles, including city layout
- Intermediate knowledge of administration and management principles
- Intermediate knowledge of business process management
- Ability to prioritize customer’s needs, authority requirements, and FIFA/Q22 regulations
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team
- Proven experience of managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organizational change
- Exceptional planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organization
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Language skills:
- English language fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic language fluency – an advantage
- IT skills:
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)
- Any other duties that may be assigned