Venue Operations Coordinator
Closing Date: 22/04/2021
The Venue Operations Coordinator will work within the Venue Management (VMA) Functional Area (FA), providing general administrative support and day-to-day assistance to either one or more of the venue teams, or within the central VMA team. In this capacity, the role will be pivotal in assisting the VMA FA and Head of Venue Management in the coordination of all aspects of event planning, operational integration and event delivery. This role will also provide general administrative support to the Head of Venue Management.
- Provide general administrative and organisational support to the VMA, including meeting invites, template creation, writing of minutes and the organisation of team building exercises.
- Support the CVMs and Lead Venue Planners (LVPs) with the creation and production of venue specific operational planning documentation and presentations.
- Assist the central VMA team or Cluster Venue teams in planning and coordinating recruitment for roles which will commence in 2021/ 2022.
- Assist the central VMA team or Cluster venue teams in coordinating and communicating the third iteration of the Venue Operational Planning (VOP) process.
- Support the CVMs and LVPs through the third iteration of VOP.
- Support the CVMs and LVPs in the capturing and resolution of venue specific risks and issues.
- Assist the CVMs and LVPs with the integration of FA's operational plans, and with the coordination and delivery of venue team meetings and venue staff training.
- Prepare Games Time venue documentation including Daily Run Sheets, Radio Fleetmaps and Pre-event Checklists.
- Liaise with FAs to ensure venue specific safety documentation including emergency evacuation plans, risk assessments, contingency plans are produced in a timely and accurate manner and collated in a central location.
- Assist and facilitate the coordination of contingency planning for the venue team in conjunction with Risk, Health & Safety, Command, Coordination and Communication (C3), Security, Transport and Site Management.
- Coordinate desktop and simulation readiness exercises and assist with the venue specific requirements preparing venue specific content, delivery and evaluation of the plans.
- Represent the Organising Committee's interest in selected external stakeholder and project team meetings.
- Proven experience of managing multiple different work streams in an effective and efficient manner, meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of using MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an intermediate or above level.
- Ability to successfully manage the demands of a constantly changing operational environment.
- Supportive, collaborative and reliable team player.
- Ability to think on feet and make justified decisions.
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organisational growth and other challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build excellent internal and external relationships and work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Solid time management and goal orientation skills.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.