Venue Media Operations Manager
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Venue Media Operations Manager to lead on the planning of all elements of media operations in the competition and non-competition venues for the Commonwealth Games. This includes venue media centres, tribunes, mixed zones, interview areas and photo positions in each competition venue along with facilities in the athletes' villages, training venues and the central Games Media Hub.
This role represents Media Operations in venue planning teams and works closely with other functional areas across the organising committee. This is a senior position for an experienced media professional and project manager.
- Represent Media Operations in the venue operational planning process, working with key functional areas in the organising committee such as Venue Management, Overlay and Sport, to bring together agreed plans for media facilities in the venues.
- Manage and monitor resource scoping with the Technology, Logistics and Workforce functions
- Liaise with the Broadcast department on areas of common interest within venues
- Develop policies, procedures and other operational documentation as required, in line with agreed principles
- Take on the role of health and safety champion for Media Operations
- Liaise with international news agencies on their requirements within venues
- Coordinate planning with suppliers, as needed
- Ensure all venue planning timelines are met
- Provide regular status reports for the Media Operations team
- Contribute to post-Games reports and transfer of knowledge documentation
- Manage other projects and activities across the Media Operations programme, as needed
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in media operations planning and delivery in the sports event industry
- Clear understanding of the needs of the media and knowledge of their working practices in this environment
- Experience in project management and service delivery
- Excellent understanding of, and experience working with, domestic and international news organisations
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to following through on issues and actions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to see the wider picture and work towards a common goal
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Creative and innovative with a focus on problem solving and identifying solutions
- Ability to deliver to a high standard under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Multi-sport event experience
- Experience working within an organising committee
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Start date - June 2021
Location - Birmingham
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.