Venue Catering, Cleaning & Waste Manager – IBC - Australia
If you are interested in a once-in-a-lifetime job in the sports industry, this is your chance. We are looking for someone to strengthen the team in charge of organising the biggest women’s sporting event in the world: the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia New Zealand 2023™.
To ensure the successful operational delivery of the ninth edition of this competition, we have set up a local FIFA subsidiary (LFS). Its aim is to improve the experience of over 1.1 billion people watching the FIFA Women’s World Cup™, by delivering innovative solutions across all operational areas.
The overall purpose of the Venue Catering, Cleaning and Waste (CAT) Manager is to lead three key areas of operational delivery being Catering, Cleaning and Waste Management at the nominated venue.
For Catering, it will ensure the venue catering services are consistent across the tournament and meets agreed quality standards across all venues. It includes the provision of catering services for:
- FIFA, & FWWC2023 Workforce & Volunteers
For Cleaning & Waste, it includes working with the incumbent venue cleaning and waste suppliers, to ensure the efficient and sustainable cleaning and waste programme is delivered
This role will work closely with the LFS Catering Cleaning and Waste Manager - AUS, the appointed venue caterers and venue contact for cleaning and waste management. The role will become a functioning member of the FWWC International Broadcast Centre (IBC) and will work closely with the IBC Manager and Sustainability team.
- Be the state functional area lead for catering overseeing the tournament time delivery of catering services to all constituent groups at the IBC
- Integrate the contracted FWWC contracted caterer with IBC operations including deliveries, waste management, food and beverage storage and food safety practices
- Work with the contracted caterers to oversee the General Catering Programme including the setup of operational spaces, communicate catering numbers and timings and communicating dietary requirements
- Communicate with the caterers on behalf of all other Functional Areas around short lead time catering orders and service requirements
- Assist with the administration of the ‘meal voucher’ programme in conjunction with the Workforce and Volunteer leads
- Contribute to daily reporting, financial reconciliation end of tournament reporting
- Attend daily briefings and actively participate in the information gathering & sharing of information relevant to catering, cleaning & waste
- Ensuring operational compliance with FWWC2023 contracted terms, catering KPI’s, policies and procedures
- Ensure the cleaning and waste service levels are met at the match venue and sustainable practices are implemented
- Communicate with the stadium representative regarding cleaning & waste incident reporting, cleaning scheduling and waste requirements
- Manage the volunteers assigned to the CCW
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Be knowledgeable in the operations, cleaning and safety aspects of commercial kitchen equipment
- Experience in stadium-based international event management
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong record of experience in delivering catering services for complex events/ sporting events
- Excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of event planning and event project management processes
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the local regulations in terms of provision of food and beverage services
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
What we offer
Working at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023 is more than a job; it is a calling to create a better world through the power of football. As part of the FIFA family, you will be working with highly motivated colleagues within a dynamic and diverse team. Employment is offered until August 2023.