VDO Scheduling Officer
B2022 are looking for a VDO Scheduling Officer to play a key role in developing and managing the programming and scheduling support services necessary for the Venue Development and Overlay Department and the readiness and delivery planning for all temporary overlay and infrastructure requirements for Commonwealth Games venues. This role is responsible for wider scheduling/programme integration with interfacing departments and stakeholders, resolution of timeline issues, and regular programme management departmental progress reporting.
* Deliver all VDO programme and schedule related services, including the management of risk/issues registers and coordinating the development of mitigation strategies
* Monitor and refresh the department's integrated roadmap/critical programme path, focusing on all pre-installation planning processes such as design, procurement, permitting and readiness in the lead up to infrastructure installation
* Oversee the development of the Venue Integrated Schedules (VIS) focusing on the delivery timelines of all VDO overlay infrastructure across the Commonwealth games venues, by capturing key operational delivery milestones and programme constraints to support the identification of schedule alignment issues between VDO, Overlay Suppliers and other Games stakeholders
* Manage the day to day activities of the VDO Scheduling Coordinator
* Support the Venue Integration Group (VIG), a forum to bring all Venue teams together on a monthly basis in 2022, focusing on early and effective integration of stakeholder infrastructure and operational programme/delivery requirements into a shared collaborative schedule
* Coordinate issue resolution/problem solving on cross functional area issues impacting on the planning, design and delivery of VDO services, with relevant Overlay Managers, Cluster Managers and Head of Functional Areas
* Report regularly on programme and schedule issues related to the design, procurement and delivery of VDO services outlining key issues and corrective actions
* Manage the relationship with key FA's and delivery partners, ensuring the timely integration of multiple stakeholder programmes and schedules for the successful delivery and dissolution for all venues
* Assist department personnel to ensure that the planning and delivery of venues is being progressed in accordance with the VIS
* Provide regular communication to key stakeholders regarding progress updates, risks and issues, including mitigation strategies
* Provide analysis of acceleration, delay claims and extension of time requests, including programme efficiencies.
* Attend meetings and interact with various internal and external stakeholders when required to support the overall VDO scheduling services
Skills & Experience Required
* Experience in programme and scheduling management of multi-disciplinary, technical, complex and sensitive projects
* Experience in managing MS Project, Smartsheet and equivalent industry leading scheduling software
* Previous experience coaching and mentoring reports or team members
* Previous experience managing team workloads and/or work tasks
* Ability to develop and monitor programmes/schedules and identify potential risks and opportunities
* A methodical planner, with highly developed organizational skills, able to multi-task - comfortable working in a fast -paced, high-energy, evolving culture and environment
* Ability to develop integrated work breakdown structures and all levels of programme and schedule documentation to suit respective venue needs
* Ability to develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders and delivery partners
* Ability to integrate multiple programmes and schedules and align with project needs
* Ability to establish integrated service models
* Previous experience working on multi-sport event
* Experience of working in/with the public and private sectors
* Previous line management experience
* Programme management / construction management qualifications
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application, please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable.)
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice.)