UX / UI Designer
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game - to developing future focused platforms for professional football - our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
The Role and Key Accountabilities
As a mid-weight UX/UI designer you will play a hands-on role in the way players, fans, staff, and volunteers engage with the beautiful game.
You will play a be a key role in the conception and delivery of visuals for multiple projects across several pillars at The Football Association, from England Teams to the Grassroots game, across both web and mobile native platforms.
You will join a friendly, passionate, and inclusive team who want to constantly innovate, listen to our users, and learn to make better digital products for them.
As a designer, you will be expected to exhibit a strong ability for creating clean, detailed, and meticulous creative designs that display a strong understanding of UX principles and the latest UI trends. Working alongside the Senior UX/UI Designer you will take ownership and responsibility for delivering the highest quality visuals that align with a consistent design approach for the FA (Football Association).
Preferably you will have experience at an agency or have a product background, with knowledge of working on large projects with both onshore and offshore developers. Accessibility is important to us and an understanding of what this means within UX/UI is an important requirement for this role.
You will have experience presenting your work and feel comfortable talking through your work and solutioning ideas with a variety of stakeholders.
You will be a good communicator and thrive working in a collaborative environment where learning and development are key, exploring new processes is the norm and continuous innovation a necessity.
In addition to working on long term projects you will also be expected to support with smaller subset tasks from areas of the business.
We're looking for a positive, innovative free thinking problem solver who will use their own experience and initiative to bring ideas to the table.
Some of our products...
- England Football
- England Football Learning
- Platform for Football
- The FA Player
- Wembley Stadium
- Club Wembley
- Full - Time
- My England Football
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
Your skill set will include the following:
- Commercial UX design experience with a proven record of accomplishment in delivering detailed projects in a pragmatic and collaborative manner.
- Finger on the pulse of design trends and latest products
- A strong, well-curated portfolio, highlighting both your interaction and visual design skills.
- A passion for sport including football
- Understanding, maintaining and evolving design systems
- A keen eye for design, competent in creative high-quality visuals
- A passion for design methodologies and best practices
- An open attitude to ideas and solutions
- A desire to learn and improve in a collaborative environment
- Confident in communicating ideas and visions
- An understanding of UX and the aim to create intuitive accessible experiences
Tools and Software
- Apple Mac proficient
- Primary creative tool (strong working knowledge):
- Figma, Sketch, XD
- Secondary creative tools:
- Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, After Effects, Lottie, Xero, JIRA.
- Studio tooling:
- Miro, Zeplin, Invision, Storybook
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.