UX & UI Designer
We’re looking for a UX & UI Designer to join our Marketing team to be Responsible for UX & UI design of the club’s digital products including, but not limited to chelseafc.com and the 5th Stand app.
Job Title – UX & UI Designer
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent, 40 hours per week, 4 on 4 off
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a UX & UI Designer to join our Marketing team to be Responsible for UX & UI design of the club’s digital products including, but not limited to chelseafc.com and the 5th Stand app. Duties include:
- Working closely with Product Managers and our development agency at every stage of the process to shape the future of Chelsea FC’s digital products
- Gather user requirements by running usability testing sessions and fan workshops
- Illustrate your thinking and communicate your ideas using storyboards and sketches
- Document user journeys, site maps and information architecture
- Take ideas from a low fidelity wireframe through to interactive prototypes and detailed visual designs
- Demonstrate an ability to meet core business and user needs whilst adding creative flair
- Run showcases/walkthrough sessions of your designs with stakeholders and engineers
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems and work closely with multiple teams to iteratively build designs
- Work with Analytics to uncover stories in data and fan feedback
- Build a deep understanding of our brand and collaborate with creative teams to develop the Chelsea FC design system
- Analyse other digital products in the sports & publishing industries to share ‘good’ examples of UX and understand the needs of different user segments
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Proven experience within UX/UI design
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery to delivery
- A strong understanding of responsive design and accessibility best practices
- A good understanding of the web/app development process and agile working
- Comprehensive skills in Sketch, Figma, Invision or your chosen design software
- Portfolio / work examples showcasing your role in creating user-centred, intuitive and creative digital experiences for web and mobile apps
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.