UEFA Women's EURO 2022 Event Transport Manager
1 year fixed term contract starting August 2021 to August 2022
In July 2022, England will host the UEFA Women's European Championship after being awarded the right to host in December 2018. Having previously hosted the Tournament in 2005, the final will be staged at Wembley Stadium, seeing back-to-back men's and women's UEFA Euro Finals in 2020 (in 2021) and 2022.
16 teams will take part in 31 matches over 25 days of competition with approximately 750,000 tickets available for clients and spectators across 10 stadiums. 11.7 million viewers watched England's semi-final at the Women's World Cup in France and this tournament is expected to achieve a 400m global TV audience.
Approximately 80 staff, 1,500 volunteers and numerous suppliers will be contracted to deliver the Tournament. Our vision is to suitably mark the dawn of a new era for Football, to showcase and celebrate the women's game and players, inspiring participation and growing new audiences. We will be READY for record audiences, ready to engage host cities and partners, to amplify the women's game and deliver operational excellence, all in an environment of equality.
The Event Transport Manager for Women's EURO 2022 is responsible for transport as a whole for the tournament across all 10 venues with the main focus on Bus (Teams) and Fleet (VIP & Staff). The role is also responsible for supporting the cities with their Spectator transport planning and the stadias with Target Group parking in their car parks
- Plan, implement and deliver all aspects of the transport operation at all Women's EURO 2022 venues
- Develop close working relationships with our appointed bus supplier and fleet car sponsor, to deliver all tournament target group operations
- Lead on the procurement and contracting of a driver service contractor
- Plan and deliver the transport operation for key events pre-tournament such as final draw and team visits in October 2022
- Work with a range of stakeholders and parties to support and assist Host Cities deliver of transport concepts
- Work closely with the Stadium Operations Team on the delivery of a successful matchday experience for all client groups
- Regular reporting to senior management within the LOS and UEFA HQ on all aspects of the transport operation
- Manage and maintain the transport budget for the tournament
- Recruit, lead and manage a transport team of approx. 5