UEFA Women's EURO 2022 - City Partnership Devel. Officer (D&I)
Lead the co-ordination and strategic delivery of all FA Women's Development programmes in four WEURO 2022 Host Cities
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
- Lead the co-ordination and strategic delivery of all FA Women's Development programmes in four WEURO 2022 Host Cities
- Manage high-level relationships with WEURO 2022 Host Cities, County Football Associations and local stakeholders, ensuring that partners deliver upon their responsibilities
- Work with the National Tournaments Legacy Manager to ensure that all legacy plans are inclusive and represent local communities
- Work alongside the National Women's Football Development Manager on escalating opportunities in the Host Cities for under-represented female groups/individuals to engage in football development interventions
- Support the delivery of Legacy Steering Groups and ensure these are sustainable post-tournament
- Ensure the local legacy programmes are integrated into local promotion and Host City tournament plans
Please note this will be a homebased role, with travel required.
- Provides on-the-ground support to the National Tournaments Legacy Manager to help co-ordinate the delivery of the Host City legacy plans.
- Establishes strong relationships with the Host City Legacy Leads, local stakeholders and key agencies involved in the delivery of the legacy plans.
- Ensures Host Stadium foundation / community programmes are linked into the girls' and women's football delivery plans.
- Continually tracks, reviews and analyses delivery, to ensure maximum benefit of the legacy programme.
- Ensures the local legacy programme supports the aim to deliver a record-breaking audience, such as a Legacy Ticketing Programme.
- Works alongside the Tournament marketing team to link the legacy programme to key activities in the lead up to and during the tournament, i.e. participation activity/signposting in fan zones.
- Links the local legacy plans to the opening / closing ceremony.
- Supports the FA WSL and elite level clubs within the region to put plans in place to capitalise on increased spectators as a result of WEURO 2022.
- Collaborates with County Football Associations to align legacy work with local development work.
- Links to The FA Development Team on strategy, delivery and reporting.
- Liaises with the FA Marketing and Communications teams to ensure effective signposting and promotion of opportunities to get involved.
Relationship and Influence
- Ensures all relevant local partners are aware of the WEURO 2022 Legacy aims and ambitions, and how they can get involved.
- Trouble-shoots and supports where needed, to ensure all interdependent workstreams are delivered.
- Make timely, informed and action-focussed strategic decisions that will achieve the WEURO 2022 Legacy ambition and respond flexibly to changes in the Host City landscape.
- Identifies local funding opportunities to enhance the legacy budget.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Experience of implementing strategy at a national and local level
- Experience of working with key stakeholders to ensure that inclusive practice is central to all work
- Proven track record of delivering results and raising performance within established targets
- Ability to build relationships and motivate stakeholder groups to achieve collaborative goals
- Track record of developing effective partnerships to secure resources and or deliver targets
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
- Knowledge of the NGB and football landscapes
- Experience of implementing Quality Assurance processes
- Ability to gain 'buy in' to equality objectives
- Knowledge of barriers facing under-represented groups
- Track record of innovation resulting in outcome focused results
- Understanding of the political and functional workings of County Football Associations and/or Local Authorities
- Experience and expertise in Women's Football
- Experience and expertise in Tournament legacy development
- Understanding of the FA Gameplan for Growth Strategy
A full clean driving license will be required.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.