UEFA EURO 2020 Readiness Manager/Consultant
Development and implementation of tournament wide C3 structures, policies and reporting - integrating key delivery partners (UEFA, GLA, Wembley stadium and others) established and tournament specific processes and reporting
UEFA EURO 2020 - Readiness Manager/Consultant
Contract Type: Part Time, Fixed-term. 2-3 days per week with flexibility as the rhythm of work and readiness exercises dictates.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: End of June 2021
In 2020, the UEFA EURO was due to celebrate its 60th anniversary. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was postponed to 2021. With the aim to still celebrate its 60th anniversary, the tournament will still be played across 12 different European cities - bringing the EURO closer to the fans and celebrating the best of European football and culture. To make this all possible, we need fantastic, dedicated people in every area.
UEFA EURO 2020 is being managed in each participating country by the respective national federation on behalf of UEFA. As the Host Association and national federation for England, The FA is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of the Local Organising Structure (LOS), working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
It is envisaged that the work could be undertaken by an individual consultant or via larger events/sports consultancy.
This role is responsible for ensuring there is an integrated, coordinated and structured approach to Operational Readiness across multiple stakeholders for UEFA EURO 2020.
Ultimately, the Readiness Manager will implement and deliver an Operational Readiness programme, including contingency planning and testing exercises.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of tournament wide C3 structures, policies and reporting - integrating key delivery partners (UEFA, GLA, Wembley stadium and others) established and tournament specific processes and reporting
- Coordinating a list of significant risks and contingency plans for the delivery of the event across Stadium, Host Association and Host City.
- Defining an approach to incident and crisis management at Tournament time.
- Establishing a roadmap for Tournament Operational Readiness, including a programme to test the chosen framework and plans developed for a selection of significant risks.
- Support, deliver and debrief large-scale multi-stakeholder exercises between now and the Tournament with involvement from key players such as Stadium, Host Association, Host City, Emergency services and UEFA.
- Tournament-time resource to aid issue resolution and stakeholder communication, particularly in the first week and Finals week.
- Coordination of agencies and organisational representation at multi-stakeholder exercises
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in working on major events.
- Detailed understanding of event readiness and contingency planning
- Experience in building effective and collaborative relationships with multi-stakeholders e.g. GLA, Police.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of key London event delivery stakeholders
- Previous experience as part of a Local Organising structure
- Delivered similar project work with positive feedback received from involved stakeholders.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect to the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your covering letter.