UEFA EURO 2020 – Broadcast Logistics Assistants
Fixed term contract 11th May 2020 to 16th July 2020
Contested every four years, the UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent's top talent since its inception in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 will celebrate 60 years of the tournament and will be played as a ‘Euro for Europe' in summer 2020 across 12 host countries and cities for the first time.
London and Wembley Stadium will host 7 matches in total between June and July 2020 – three group stage matches, one last-16 match, both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
UEFA EURO 2020 is being managed in each participating country by the respective national federation on behalf of UEFA. As the Host Association and national federation for England, The FA is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of the Local Organising Structure (LOS), working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
- The mission of Host Broadcast Logistics (HBLO) is to coordinate and deliver a range of integrated support services to UEFA Host Broadcast staff and suppliers, in addition to Unilateral Broadcaster Partners (UBPs).
- The Broadcast Logistics Assistant will be part of the Broadcast Logistics team, managing the day-to-day requirements at Wembley Stadium. The Broadcast Logistics Assistant will have an office at the Broadcast compound and will work closely to the UEFA Host Broadcast Operations Manager and the UEFA Host Broadcast Venue Technical Manager to ensure the stadium is ready to receive the UEFA Host Broadcast crew, UBP crews and Broadcast trucks.
Key Responsibilities and experience required
- Support the UEFA team crew assistants, who will travel between two UEFA EURO 2020 venues with the UEFA HB production/technical teams; provide them with the necessary documents and spreadsheets to give them a clear understanding of their accommodation, travel, catering, uniform, accreditation and SAD (Supplementary Access Device) requirements; show the UEFA team crew assistants around the venue, highlighting the important areas for their team
- Coordinate the logistical requirements of the venue-based UEFA HB staff, the movement of UEFA HB Production/technical teams and any other UEFA HB teams
- Create and display transport timetables to and from the venue to the UEFA HB hotels
- Liaise with UEFA HB accommodation, highlighting where early or late check-ins and check-outs should be requested, ensure the required team know their arrangements
- Supervise the use of the UEFA HB office and storage containers during the event
- Oversee UEFA HB furniture needs and acting as the main point of contact for any additional requirements, liaising with the venue logistics team with regards to availability and keeping record of any changes or damage
- Manage the Broadcast Logistics vehicles and their requirements such as cleanliness, keys, parking and access and fuel
- Assist in the distribution of parking passes for UEFA HB and provide the UEFA Broadcast Liaison team with passes for UBPs
- Assisting with administrative tasks for the HB team
- Manage all HB uniforms and SADs, including SADs for rights-holding broadcaster, which will be managed by the UEFA Broadcast Liaison Team
- Ensure all UEFA HB areas are managed and where possible, resolve any issues
- Regular reporting in accordance with UEFA EURO 2020 requirements and follow administrative processes as required
- Experience of general administrative work is preferable
- Knowledge of Wembley Stadium and London
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Holder of a valid driving licence
- Experience working/volunteering at events
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and event databases
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.