TV Operations Manager – Training Sites
FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™.
The TV Operations Manager – Training Sites will oversee the preparation and readiness phases for broadcast facilities and temporary overlay infrastructure at the 32 Team Base Camp Training Sites for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™.
The successful candidates must establish and maintain excellent relationships with FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC, Host Country and other relevant stakeholders, and contribute in the conservation of a smooth and efficient communication flow.
The TV Operations Manager – Training Sites, under the guidance and supervision of the TV Operations Senior Manager, shall be responsible for:
- Ensuring the compliance of the broadcast areas at the 32 Training Sites for activities at the official MD-1 Training sessions, in accordance with FIFA requirements;
- On-going collaboration with the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC Technical Services and Containment Managers, FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC ICT Managers, Host Country Overlays Team, and Site Authorities, in the planning and preparation for all host broadcast and unilateral broadcast-related overlay, including: Technical and office cabin installations, camera platforms, TV cable pathways, presentation positions, and all installations related to the OB parking areas;
- Ensuring the necessary overlay infrastructure is provided on schedule ahead of the arrival on-site of the host broadcaster;
- Work closely with the overall venue management teams for planning, development and delivery;
- Report on Training Sites’ progress, managing and resolving risks and issues, and escalating any urgent issues to the TV Operations Senior Manager in a timely manner;
- Point of contact and support for FIFA TV and the Host Broadcaster to ensure seamless host broadcast and unilateral broadcast planning and operations at the Training Sites;
- During Event time, lead and support a team of broadcast co-ordinators working across all training sites at the official MD-1 training sessions;
- Perform the TV Operations Manager – Training Sites role at selected sites at any relevant Test Events prior to FWC Qatar 2022;
- Any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum experience of 8-10 years in broadcast event management.
- Proven track record in managing complex projects, including both pre-event planning and event time implementation.
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education).
- Excellent customer service experience.
- High level of presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Must be fluent in English, written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset. Any other languages are an added benefit.
- Ability to manage, coordinate a group of people working in the same project under him or her.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.
- Knowledge of event planning - any event project management process is an added benefit.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills are expected.
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.