Transport Manager – Vehicle Access and Parking Permits (VAPPS) and Parking Manager
The Transport Manager – Vehicle Access and Parking Permits (VAPP) is responsible for the development, implementation and overall management of the VAPP system. The VAPP system is the centralised mechanism designed to control access and parking at all official competition and non-competition sites (e.g. stadiums, training and oversee overall parking management across the tournament footprint).
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, follows through on tasks and can deliver to strict timelines.
- Planning the ‘Vehicle Access and Parking Permit (VAPP)’ system design, structure and categorisation and developing the ‘VAPP Plan’ for the FIFA World Cup Tournament and all pre-events including FIFA Arab Cup 2021 and the Final Draw
- Developing and implementing the permit designs including security features (to prevent counterfeit permits in accordance with FIFA guidelines
- Develop required VAPP Policies and Procedures to include operations plans, staff training guides, client guides and gain agreement and approval from all involved stakeholders
- Liaising with Q22 Functional Areas, other Q22 Event Transport sub-projects and other involved stakeholders to ensure that VAPP system is fit for purpose and adapt to any local changes in tournament planning
- Liaising with Bus and Fleet Management, Venues, Sites and Facilities sub-projects for the production of the correct numbers of VAPPs based on the latest operational needs and requirements
- Liaising with Host Country parking and VAPPS manager to ensure integrated plan at competition and non-competition sites
- Overseeing, the procurement of a suitable local permit supplier and subsequent contract management to ensure the correct production and supply of all required VAPPs in accordance with agreed requirements.
- Leading and designing a robust application and distribution process based on the approved VAPP Policies and Procedures
- Liaising with client services and functional areas to collate all VAPP requirements and setting up a central VAPP database
- Briefing of VAPP system, policy and procedures to all staff and stakeholders involved and ensuring that all requirements are understood, integrated and implemented accordingly
- Setting up an effective issue resolution process and a VAPP help desk for all staff and stakeholders representatives for all VAPP related requests and queries at tournament time
- Monitor closely to ensure VAPP policies and procedures are implemented during the FIFA Tournaments and events
- Managing a team of VAPP Coordinators to implement the VAPP processes including distribution and ensuring the successful delivery of the VAPP system across the entire footprint of the tournament
- Overseeing general parking management with the Transport Venue teams by providing training to ensure consistent service levels and delivery at all official competition and non-competition sites to ensure a consistent methodology is applied and that all parking policies and procedures are implemented accordingly. This would include establishing a central parking allocation database and working with local counterparts and venue transport managers to address any shortfalls in supply.
- Work with the Security function to ensure the VAPP system is fully integrated into venue security procedures and provide support with training of staff located at VAPP control points
- Any other duties that may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Project Management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position;
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset.
- Minimum of 5-7 years Transport work experience: ideally within the football or sport event;
- Transport operations experience within at least one international mega event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. World Cup and / or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.);
- Experience in planning and delivering a transport parking permit program and operating within a venue transport related role at a major events
- Experience working in multi-functional event organisations and in dynamic and fast paced environments;
- Experience of leading a team and proven project delivery experience;
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Good knowledge of major event transport operations particularly venue transport operations, parking and transport permits including understanding tournament/competition layouts;
- Good knowledge of administration and project management principles;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Ability to prioritize client’s needs, authority requirements, and FIFA/Q22 regulations;
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be organized and detail oriented;
- Advanced communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal;
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly;
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation;
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change;
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence;
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity;
- Language skills - English language fluency. Any additional language considered an advantage;
- Strong IT skills; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)