Transport Manager – Technology
The Transport Manager – Technology is responsible for the overall planning, integration, coordination and implementation of all technology systems that will be used to deliver transport and; Arrival and Departures (A&D) operations during the tournaments.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The FIFA Integrated Football Event System (IFES) and being the Q22 Transport IFES point of contact with FIFA for all matters relating to the training of all transport and arrivals & departures staff, users of the system and, resolving any user issues during the operational phase;
- TMM (Transport Management Module), the vehicle and driver fleet management system;
- PowerBi-, the data analytic and capturing system used to manage arrivals and departures.
- Lead planner responsible for the set-up of all transport systems used in the Transport Operations Centre (TROC), ensuring compatibility within the wider Event Services Operations Centre. Responsible to ensure that TROC system deliver the required reporting data on transport operations and services.
- Full integration with Host Country (HC) Transport Operations Centre information systems and, HC Transport Operations centres.
- Ensure the successful integration of any transport supplier’s systems with Q22/FIFA systems and, seamless delivery of all operations and services, proactive to resolve any technical issues in advance of operations.
- Lead all monitoring and reporting of transport services, measuring supply against demand and key performance indicators (KPIs), with a full reconciliation of service delivery against supplier invoicing post tournament.
- Put in place a comprehensive testing and readiness schedule for Transport technology systems and plan to ensure preparedness for the tournament.
- General technology support within the transport team for all matters relating to transport systems use and delivery.
- Any other duties that may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or a combination of education and experience relating to position;
- Master’s Degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ technology work experience; ideally within football or sport events;
- Transport operations experience within at least one international mega event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. World Cup and / or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.);
- Experience working in multi-functional event organisations and in dynamic and fast paced environments;
- Experience of leading a team and proven project delivery experience;
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Excellent knowledge of technology software systems and applications;
- Good knowledge of administration and project management principles;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Ability to prioritise client’s needs, authority requirements, and FIFA/Q22 regulations;
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be organized and detail oriented;
- Advanced communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal;
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly;
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation;
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change;
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence;
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity;
- Must be fluent in the English language. Arabic is an advantage.
- IT skills – advanced use of MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)