Transport Manager – Project Management and Planning
The Transport Manager – Project Management and Planning is responsible for the performing of complex planning and programming activities in support of management-related programs and/or across all transportation sub-projects. Work requires contact with Event transport senior manager and Group leaders.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks.
- Coordinates the development of transportation plans, budgets and other related documents with involved FIFA / Q22 Projects;
- Monitors and estimates future costs in close cooperation with involved FIFA / Q22 Projects;
- Assists to Q22 Transport Group leader Administration with plans, budget and other related documents preparation;
- Reviews and evaluates plans, budgets and other related documents to ensure compliance with applicable FIFA / Q22 requirements and conformance to acceptable professional standards;
- Reviews and prepares correspondence, reports, studies, gives briefings and makes presentations regarding event transport project and across Q22 planning activities;
- Stays abreast of transportation industry changes and FIFA / Q22 requirements, policies, procedures and State of Qatar legislation
- Establish a framework for monitoring information flow and managing expectations among various event transport sub-projects.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, Project management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position.
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset
- Minimum of Five (5) years Transport work experience: ideally within the football, sport, event or Three (3) years of experience as a Project / Planning Manager, or Three (3) years equivalent management position.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from support staff, and managers. Individual must be motivated, capable of working independently, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management and planning experience within at least one mega project event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and/or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.)
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships
- Advanced knowledge of administration and management principles
- Advanced knowledge of business process management
- Advanced communication skills
- Basic knowledge of transit operations involved in moving FIFA Constituents by vehicles, including city layout
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team
- Proven experience of managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organisational change
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Language skills - English language fluency and any additional language considered an advantage
- Strong IT skills; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)