Transport Manager – Client Services, Referees
The Transport Manager – Client Services Referees is responsible for the development of the client service planning for the Refereeing Team in line with the FIFA Transport Service Level Agreement (SLA). The role is responsible to deliver the Detailed Service Level Agreements (DSLAs) according to agreed timelines and to gain the necessary agreements and approvals. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, can lead and manage a team and delivers to strict timelines.
The Transport Manager – Client Services, Referees is responsible for the following Event Transport sub-projects planning and implementation:
- Client transport and arrival and departure service planning for the Refereeing Team;
- Development and delivery of the Detailed Service Level Agreement (DSLA) in line with Q22/FIFA service levels and all client related information and deliverables for tournament time.
The Transport Manager – Client Services Referees is responsible to build, train and motivate the Referees Base Camp Hotel and Training Site team of paid staff and volunteers for the duration of the FWC Qatar 2022 project.
Assist with other client transport services planning as required by the Transport Group Leader- Client Services.
Responsibilities pre-tournament time
- Developing the ‘Principle Transport Service Level Agreement (PSLA) – Refereeing Team’ and ‘Detailed Transport Service Level Agreement (DSLA) based on the approved PSLA
- Planning, in coordination with Q22 RLO, of all FIFA Refereeing Team transport services, including all ground transportation and arrivals and departures services
- Liaising with Bus and Fleet Management sub-projects for the procurement and allocation of the correct vehicles and drivers as required
- Liaising with other Q22 Event Transport sub-projects or Functional Areas to ensure procurement of all additional resources and related transport services (e.g. FF&E, IT VAPPs, etc.)
- Review planning of transport services on a regular basis to ensure they are fit for purpose and adapt to any local changes in tournament planning
- Planning of all ground transport operations at all sites attended by Referees (stadiums, Referee Base Camp Hotel and Training Site, IBC and other official non-competition sites) ensuring access, load zones and parking meet the requires service levels
- Liaising with Security to ensure all security operations necessary for Referees are integrated to ensure a seamless transport operation
- Briefing of refereeing transport operations to all staff and stakeholders involved and ensuring that all requirements are understood, integrated and implemented accordingly
- Create the Daily Transport Plans based on the approved DSLA and in collaboration with Q22 RLO & FIFA Refereeing in advance of the tournament to ensure all match and regular movements are planned for correctly
- Responsible to ensure any pre-tournament events for referee’s e.g. the Referee Workshops are planned and delivered correctly and all transport requirements are met.
- Planning of the Referee Transport Desk at the Referee Base camp hotel
- Assist with the client service planning of other client groups as required including putting together any DSLAs or document as required.
Responsibilities tournament time
- Being the main contact person for Q22 Referee Liaison Officer (RLO) and all FIFA Refereeing team representatives for all transport issues, requests and queries at tournament time
- Managing all arrivals and departures with the Arrival and Departure sub-project including immigration, baggage and airport transport services
- Updating, agreeing and monitoring the referee Daily Transport Plan on a daily basis
- Inputting and monitoring all refereeing ground transport requests and planned services in the Integrated Football and Event System (IFES) Ground Transport module (GTM)
- Check ground transport requests related to international arrivals and departures in IFES and group passengers with similar timings
- Briefing and coordinating all transport staff involved in refereeing transport operations at the RBC Hotel and other sites to ensure strict procedures are in place to follow the match countdown and Daily Transport Plan
- Monitor closely and regularly all refereeing movement patterns to ensure that FIFA Refereeing Team will be transported to correct sites at agreed scheduled times with particular attention on match day movements.
- Liaising with the security function and onsite security personnel with regard to the escorting of Referee vehicles.
- Managing the transport desk at the RBC on a daily basis to ensure all planning is constantly updated and communicated, reporting is completed and all issues are resolved effectively and escalated where required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Project Management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position;
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset.
- Minimum of 5 years Transport work experience: ideally within the football or sport, event; within at least one international mega event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and / or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.);
- Experience of working with Referees or similar client group with a good understanding of their needs and requirements and the criticality of ensuring the transport services operate seamlessly.
- Experience working in multi-functional event organisations and in dynamic and fast paced environments;
- Experience of leading a team and proven project delivery experience;
- Experience working with public and private sector stakeholders in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Good knowledge of major event transport operations involved in moving client groups by bus and fleet, including understanding tournament/competition layouts;
- Good knowledge of administration and project management principles;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Ability to prioritize client’s needs, authority requirements, and FIFA/Q22 regulations;
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be organized and have a high attention to detail
- Advanced communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal;
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly;
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt appropriately in a calm and professional manner
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change;
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence;
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity;
- Language skills - English language fluency or any additional language considered an advantage;
- Strong IT skills; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)