Transport Manager – Client Services, Media
The Transport Manager – Client Services Media and Broadcast will be dedicated to the planning of the Media and Broadcast ground transport and arrivals and departure (A&D) services, and will be responsible for the delivery of the related tournament specific Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The Transport Manager – Client Services Media and Broadcast will work very closely alongside Bus, Venue Transport, Public Transport operators to plan the transport and A&D services required before, and during the tournament. The Transport Manager – Client Services Media and Broadcast will ensure that all Media and Broadcast clients receive the correct services in accordance with Q22/FIFA’s service standards to ensure a smooth participation at the FWC tournament. This includes on match days and non-match days at all official sites including Stadiums, IBC, MMC, Training sites and the Airport.
They will be responsible to ensure all Media and Broadcast related transport information and other related documents, communications, presentations and electronic (web based) information are, delivered.
The Transport Manager – Client Services Media and Broadcast will act as Transport’s central point of contact for the client externally and client representatives internal to Q22/FIFA as it relates to the identification and confirmation of the clients’ required transport services.
- Coordination with Q22’s Transport’s Bus and Venue Transport, Public Transport representatives and other key work streams in developing the transport services for the Media and Broadcast clients) in accordance with Q22/FIFA Service Level Agreements.
- Coordination with Q22’s Arrivals and Departures team in developing and implementing the airport/ services for the Media and Broadcast and other client groups as required in accordance with FIFA SLA’s as above.
- Coordination with the Q22/FIFA Media Operations and Broadcast Services to ensure the proper and complete planning of the client service levels. During the planning phase always being pro-active and helpful to assist the Client Owner to resolve any issues and find operational solutions.
- Coordination with the Transport Group Lead- Client Services in managing budgets associated with planning the Media and Broadcast transport and arrival and departure service levels.
- Development, writing and finalisation of the draft and final versions of the Principle Service Level Agreements (PSLAs) and the Detailed Service Level Agreements (DSLA’s) in accordance with strict project timelines, gaining the necessary sign off and approvals from all involved stakeholders.
- Ensure the integration of all Media and Broadcast s transport and A&D services with all Q22/FIFA functional areas including Transport work streams to ensure that services are implemented and delivered at all sites and locations as per agreed SLAs.
- Planning and delivery of all Transport desks relative to Broadcast at the IBC and for the Media at the MMC and Stadium Media Centres including the development of the Transport desk operating plan, all policies and procedures
- Training and briefing of all Transport staff and volunteers working on Media and Broadcast transport services including the Transport Desks to ensure all staff are well prepared and informed for the tournament
- Responsibilities related to the development of all Media and Broadcast information and communications both for the tournament and pre-tournament for the World Broadcast Meetings and Media related communications plus any other key presentations/meetings.
- Planning and delivery of any transport services required for the Final Draw and other events that Media and Broadcast participate in prior to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
- Development of all policies and procedures, liaising with other involved functions and gaining final agreement and approvals relative to Media and Broadcast Transport and A&D services.
- Work with the Transport Group Leader- Client Services to identify key risks related to Media and Broadcast transport, and A&D services and develop mitigation strategies.
- At tournament time, acting as the single point of contact for Broadcast Services and Media Operations for any issues relating to Media and Broadcast Transport and A&D services and ensuring that problems are fixed in an effective, timely and professional manner and escalation is carried out where necessary.
- Assist with the planning and operational delivery of Media and Broadcast transport and A&D services for all Test Events prior to the FWC Qatar 2022.
- Assist with other Q22/FIFA client’s transport service planning as required during the planning phase
- Support the Transport Group Leader- Client Services with other client services related tasks as required.
- Any other duties that may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, Project management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position.
- Minimum of Five (5) years Transport work experience: ideally within the football, sport, event or Three (3) years of experience as a Client Transport Manager or similar role.
- Client transport/similar experience within at least one mega project event, ideally more than one world class, sport event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and/or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.).
- Experience of Event Transport particularly bus//operations
- Experience and knowledge of Media and Broadcast transport requirements is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential. An ability to work effectively as part of an existing team and communicate effectively with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines and adapting to the developing needs and demands of the organisation.
- Strong ability to build working relationships with other departments with robust communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate activities.
- Detail orientated and solution focused.
- Excellent written English skills with relevant skills to produce quality, high-standard documents.
- Good knowledge of administration and management principles.
- Ability to prioritise client’s needs, authority requirements and FIFA regulations.
- Highly collaborative and a team player.
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment.
- Sound knowledge of using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams.