Transport Group Leader – Venues, Sites and Facilities Management
The Transport Group Leader – Venues, Sites and Facilities Manager is responsible for the conceptual and operational planning as well as overseeing all Transportation operations is rendered to FIFA Constituents on the official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Venues, Sites and Facilities (including but not limited to all official hotels for FIFA Constituent Groups, training sites, stadiums, International Media and Broadcast Centre, etc.). Communicates with other Q22 Transportation Managers to work as a team to ensure quality service.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks.
The Transport Group Leader – Venues, Sites and Facilities Manager is responsible for the following Event Transport sub-projects planning and implementation:
- Venue, Site and Facility Operation
The sub-project, led by the Transport Group Leader – Venues, Sites and Facilities Manager, work closely with the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SCDL) and FIFA, to deliver integrated Concept of Operation (Venue, Sites and Facilities) that provides critical operational support to Event Transport Project and contributes substantially to the legacy of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
The Transport Group Leader – Venues, Sites and Facilities Manager is responsible to build, train and motivate the Venue, Sites and Facilities Operation team of paid staff and volunteers for the duration of the FWC Qatar 2022 project.
- Directly responsible for cost effective and efficient Venues, Sites and Facilities transport operations
- Directs, plans, budgets, and manages all Venues, Sites and Facilities Operation activities
- Lead the development of Transport Plans for FIFA Constituent for Venues, Sites and Facilities
- Lead the performing of traffic analysis of operations and ensure proposed plans are tested
- Lead the development of Interim access plans for test events
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to obtain appropriate agreements and approvals
- Coordinate with all Q22 Functional Areas and transport systems to ensure plans are developed to fit with overall Transport proposals (FIFA / Q22 / SCDL)
- Work with SCDL teams to coordinate FIFA Constituent Group transport provision and access
- Work closely with the Security to ensure transport plans are coordinated with the security provisions at the Venues, Sites and Facilities
- Prepare reports on key performance indicators to ensure success of transport operations
- Prepare risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies
- Lead the development of walk through and testing and readiness exercise plans
- Support delivery of Transport for all test events prior to the FIFA World Cup 2022
- Establish a framework for monitoring information flow and managing expectations among various stakeholders
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, Project management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position.
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset
- Minimum of 10 years Transport work experience: ideally within the football, sport, event or Five (5) years of experience as a Venue Transport Manager, or five (5) years equivalent management position.
- Experience in interviewing employees regarding accidents, complaints, grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from support staff, managers, and clients. Individual must be motivated, capable of working independently, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Venue, sites and facilities operation experience within at least one mega project event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and / or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.).
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Basic knowledge of transit operations involved in moving FIFA Constituents by vehicles, including city layout
- Intermediate knowledge of administration and management principles
- Intermediate knowledge of business process management
- Ability to prioritize customer’s needs, authority requirements, and FIFA/Q22 regulations
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team
- Proven experience of managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organisational change
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Language skills - English language fluency and Arabic or any additional language considered an advantage
- Strong IT skills; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)