Transport Group Leader – Administration
The Transport Group Leader – Administration is responsible for the performing of complex planning and programming activities in support of management-related programs and/or across all transportation sub-projects. Communicates with event transport senior manager and other Q22 Transport Group Leaders.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks.
The Transport Group Leader – Administration is responsible for the following Event Transport sub-projects planning and implementation:
- Project Management and Planning;
The Transport Group Leader – Administration work closely with the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SCDL) and FIFA, to deliver integrated Concept of Operation that provides critical operational support to Event Transport Project and contributes substantially to the legacy of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
- Lead the development of transportation plans, budgets, resource plans and other related documents with involved FIFA / Q22 Projects;
- Monitors and estimates future costs in close cooperation with involved FIFA / Q22 Projects;
- Lead the procurement process, including development of required procurement documents within Event Transport in close cooperation with involved FIFA / Q22 Projects;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to obtain appropriate agreements and approvals;
- Lead the staffing process, coordinate staffing deployment and engagement;
- Organize and Lead the staff training process;
- Coordinate with Q22 WKF and Volunteers divisions all activities related to Volunteers programme and involvement;
- Lead the development of required policies and procedures;
- Lead the development of VAPPs concept, monitor VAPP procurement &production, as well as VAPPs distribution process;
- Reviews and evaluates plans, budgets and other related documents to ensure compliance with applicable FIFA / Q22 requirements and conformance to acceptable professional standards;
- Reviews and prepares correspondence, reports, studies, gives briefings and makes presentations regarding event transport project and across Q22 planning activities;
- Stays abreast of transportation industry changes and FIFA / Q22 requirements, policies, procedures and State of Qatar legislation;
- Observes and evaluates the performance of operating staff, service supervisors and volunteers in the field for compliance with policies and attainment of performance indicators in a variety of ways (i.e., direct observation, riding buses, standing on street, etc.). Identifies and responds to performance deviations and determines course of action to correct problems, including progressive disciplinary actions and recommendations for additional training;
- Investigates violations of rules, regulations, and operating procedures by operating and supervisory personnel to determine appropriate corrective action to decrease volume of complaints;
- Integrates with all functions within Event Transport;
- Establish a framework for monitoring information flow and managing expectations among various event transport sub-projects
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, Project management, Event Management, Major Sport events or a combination of education and experience relating to position.
- Master’s Degree is an additional asset.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in Project Management: ideally within the football, sport, event or Five (5) years of experience as a Transportation Manager, or Five (5) years equivalent management position.
- Project management and planning experience within at least one mega project event, ideally more than one world class sport event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and/or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.)
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships.
- Advanced knowledge of administration and management principles
- Advanced knowledge of business process management
- Advanced communication skills
- Basic knowledge of transit operations involved in moving FIFA Constituents by vehicles, including city layout
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team
- Proven experience of managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organisational change
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Language skills - English language fluency and Arabic or any additional language considered an advantage
- Strong IT Skills ; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)