FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture (Q22) that will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The translation coordinator manages and coordinates all translation request across all FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LCC projects and serves as the main contact with the appointed translation agency ensuring that translations are delivered at the highest standards
- Coordinate and manage all translation requests across all FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC projects
- Close collaboration and coordination with the local Translation Agency appointed to support the language services operations
- Quality control of the translations delivered by the Translation Agency, ensuring the uniformity and highest linguistic standards
- Documents translation and revision from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English.
- Keep the Translation Memory (TM) updated
- Support the interpretation activities when required
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Language Service Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in translation, linguistics or relevant field required
- Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Tools qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience preferably in international projects
- Translation project management experience is an asset
- Must be native in Arabic and near native/ fluent in English, other languages are an added benefit.
- Advanced skills in CAT Tools (i.e SLD Trados Studio).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.