Tournament Services Manager
SPORTFIVE currently owns and operates five PGA TOUR events including Barbasol Championship, The American Express, Fortinet Championship and Puerto Rico Open. In addition to running first-class events, SPORTFIVE represents hundreds of professional athletes across the globe.
This position is responsible for assisting in areas such as sponsor fulfillment and activation, hospitality, social media, CRM management, ticketing, volunteers, operations, and community events.
This is a temporary/seasonal position to commence in January 2023 or sooner and end in August of 2023. The Tournament Services Manager will be based in Lexington, KY.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordination of all aspects of on course sponsorship activation including, tent set up, interiors, tickets, parking, flowers, landscaping, equipment, signage, audiovisual, credentialing, hospitality event books, post event surveys and management of access process.
- Manage corporate client communication and tracking of client information through CRM.
- Manage tournament ticketing platform.
- Lead coordination of the Tournament’s social media efforts.
- Work closely with Volunteer Chairs on year-round recruitment of volunteers.
- Manage volunteer food program.
- Manage PGA TOUR player courtesy car program.
- Organization and distribution of tournament information to staff and vendors.
- Lead planning and execution of Pro-Am Pairings Party.
- Assist with Monday and Wednesday Pro-Am’s.
- Proactively bring new ideas to tournament staff and SPORTFIVE leadership.
- Assist with general administrative work and additional responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Traits
- Sports Marketing/Management, Marketing, Management, Communications, or comparable liberal arts majors preferred.
- Experience in sports marketing, events, client hospitality and tournament services preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Public relations skills and ability to communicate with staff, volunteers, corporate clients, club members, and general public.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; advanced preferred.
- Must take initiative, operate proactively, and think independently in project management and problem solving.
- Need capacity to work on several projects simultaneously and demonstrate self-discipline with schedule and time management.
- Organization, attention to detail and follow-through are crucial.
- Some manual labor will be required (lifting boxes, gift assembly, etc.)
- Must be able to work longer hours and weekend shifts as required (i.e., during tournament week, advance week)
- Must have a current Driver’s License.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.