Tour Duty Manager - Wembley Stadium (Casual Contract)
It's everyone's stadium...
We are excited to be searching for Tour Duty Manager on a Casual basis at the iconic Wembley Stadium. You will act as the shift lead, leading the team by example, upholding standards and ensuring the FOH team are delivering a "best in class" visitor experience at all times.
What You'll Do?
- Act as the shift lead - leading the team by example, upholding standards and ensuring the FOH team is delivering a "best in class" visitor experience at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all operational checks are completed correctly and resolving any issues that arise prior to opening to the public.
- Carry out route checks and tour audits throughout the day, offering feedback & spot coaching to the Casual Tour Host team.
- Proactively deal with any visitor or team issues that arise during the course of your duties and feed these back to the Tour management team when required.
- To be the initial point of contact for any on-the-day visitor feedback, documenting this feedback and providing this to the Tour management team.
- Record and monitor sickness, absence and lateness within the team, carry out meetings with Casual Tour Hosts as required.
- Ensure there is a positive atmosphere within the Casual Tour Host pool and champion a positive team culture.
- Support the Tour management team to ensure that the relevant shifts are filled.
- Complete the daily schedule for the Casual Tour Host Team, ensuring all positions are covered, rotated regularly and breaks are taken.
- Take an active role in the training, re-training and knowledge assessment of Tour Hosts ensuring it is in line with department and stadium procedures.
- Ensure there are no discrepancies with on-site sales and that our systems are used in accordance with training.
- Complete daily reporting tasks to a satisfactory standard and in a timely manner.
- Where required, support with the recruitment of new Tour Hosts.
- To ensure Health and Safety are at the forefront of the Tour operation.
- Ensure all Health and Safety issues are reported to the relevant stadium stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Provide support to the Tour management team and execute additional tasks as required.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
- As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.
Please be aware that weekend working will be a feature of this role.
What You'll Need?
Essentially for the role:
- An upbeat and friendly individual with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Self-starter with the ability to motivate the team.
- Well presented.
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Strong communication skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in supervising a team.
Beneficial to also have:
- Proven experience in a relevant level operations role within a large footfall visitor attraction.
- Familiar with E-ticketing systems.
- Experience in cash handling and daily reporting.
- Experience in managing difficult situations.
- Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Awareness of basic Health and Safety regulations.
What's in it for you?
We pride ourselves in offering a competitive rate of pay as well as great opportunities to develop and grow in your role.
We are committed to ensuring everyone can flourish in their roles, and by doing this we offer top-of-the-range facilities across two core business locations. We have unique office spaces under the arch of the iconic Wembley National Stadium, which is the home of English football. We are also delighted to have a world-class Elite Performance Centre, St. George's Park in Staffordshire which is an exceptional setting to develop and inspire high-performing England teams and leaders.
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
Your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre unless the role is advertised as a home based contract. The contractual location of this role can be found at the top of this advert on our FA vacancy page.
The FA, For All, For You
Our equality, diversity and inclusion strategy forms an integral part of our long-term commitment to using our influence across English football to create a game free from discrimination.
A Game For All outlines three key strategic commitments - Lead the Change, Be the Change, and Inspire the Change - which will ensure tackling discrimination remains a core priority for English football for years to come.
We are a diverse workplace, aspiring to represent football across the country. The Football Association actively promotes inclusion and diversity, encouraging you to be the best version of yourself at work.
We welcome applications from everyone and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this during your application.
As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.