The eSports Industry
In this free online course (MOOC), we bring you closer to the eSports industry and its business opportunities in 30 days, overcoming 30 challenges, through gamified learning.
You can study whenever you want, managing your time and participating in webinars with professionals in the sector. You will discover the evolution of the eSports industry through the players and stakeholders of the sector via videos, podcasts, interviews, reports and articles.
Ready to take on the challenge?
eSports in data
The growth evolution of the eSports audience
The figures suggest that the eSports industry -understanding this as professional video game competitions- is gaining popularity and economic weight, generating more and more jobs, audiences and income.
In 2023, this industry is expected to generate revenues of more than €1.4 billion.
In this course, you will learn:
- What eSports are.
- How the eSports and videogame industry works.
- What opportunities this industry offers and its economic impact.
- Who the main stakeholders are and what their roles are.
- The culture, values and aspirations of the professionals involved.
This course is for you if:
- You are a marketing and communications professional and you want to know what opportunities esports can offer to connect with new audiences.
- You are a professional in innovation and you see eSports as a potential area of opportunity for new business development.
- You are a manager in the world of sport and you see eSports as an interesting field to develop your career in the future.
- You are a business consultant interested in the eSports and video games sector and its development as a new entertainment industry.
- You are a manager/executive from any sector who wants to have an initial contact with esports.