Technology Specialist (Network Expert)
The Technology Specialist (Network Expert) is responsible for IT Event Network deliverables and BCN integration of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC, managing design, scoping, planning, sign off, operation and dismantling of Event IT Network and BCN Network for the event.
Ensure all aspects of Event network and Broadcast Contribution Network services are implemented according to FIFA requirements, including, but not limited to:
- WAN – high-available connectivity to Internet and International Telecom PoPs, cloud-based applications and services
- MAN – reliable connectivity between the Central Services Location/International Broadcast Center (CSL/IBC) to the number of venues (Stadia, Training Sites, Hotels, Ticketing and Accreditation Centers, etc.) including satellite backup for Broadcast Contribution Network.
- LAN – robust wired and wireless connectivity from the end-user devices to the core equipment within the venues.
- Routing and switching – provision of the secure dedicated services on top of the Event Network (Internet, VLAN, VoIP, IPTV, etc.)
- Security – access management and firewalls settings
- Implementation and Operation – management of the Event Network and Broadcast network design and deployment, equipment configuration, tests, handover, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Facilitate the collection of the specific Network requirements, adhering to robust change management protocol
- Support Technology Equipment Allocation Process and integration with other IT services
- Contribute to Event Network and BCN connectivity designs
- Ensure that all the specific network requirements are considered in the network design
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA’s and Host Country’s relevant parties (commercial and governmental) implementation, handover, support and operation of the Event Network and Broadcast Contribution Network during the event and Technical readiness exercises
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise throughout the planning process and signing off designs
- Ensure Event Network and Broadcast Contribution Networks are delivered according to required scope, within budget and schedule
- Manage and follow-up with local and international providers (including Host Country relevant parties & FIFA) to ensure delivery Network Services and BCN services as per agreed service levels, ensuring smooth exchange of information between collaborative groups
- Track the progress of network implementation leading up to the timely availability of components and services and including the commissioning/decommissioning of the systems in all venues.
- Report progress, issues and risks related to IT projects and operations, according to IT governance and keep counterpart aligned
- Review and approve deliverables and integration level from Host Country relevant parties
- Ensure that all information pertaining to the delivery and support of Event Network and Broadcast Contribution Network are communicated to and well understood by all parties.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and perform adequate communication with relevant parties
- Manage third-party service providers during every phase of the project
- Ensure that the services are delivered as per required
- Provide report on a regular basis
- Support the smooth termination of the venues/sites and hand-over to Host Country
- Deliver technical guidance, coaching & mentoring to team members
- Prepare good practice and educational material for personnel
- Any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum experience of 8-10 years in Networking and BCN connectivity (routing/switching/security/wireless technologies).
- University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science or related field
- Strong IT skills and relevant knowledge in Telecom Service Providers networks, wired and wireless infrastructure design and implementation, network integration and connectivity.
- Technology certifications such as CCIE, CISSP, or equivalent experience
- Should have excellent experience on networks, protocols, design, commissioning and operation of following systems (WAN/LAN, MPLS, VPN, Routing, VLAN, VoIP, BCN, CATV, and IPTV)
- Expertise with connectivity services (DWDM, dark fiber, MPLS, VPN, etc.)
- Expertise in structured cabling (copper and fiber) in a heterogeneous model
- Strong Project Management skills to manage large-size and complex projects and initiatives
- Significant experience in leading Network projects
- Experience in international sports / event management
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Experience or knowledge of local culture is essential
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.