Technology Specialist (IT End User Equipment and System Admin Expert)
FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM.
The Technology Specialist (IT End User Equipment and System Admin Expert) is responsible for all IT assets operated by end-users, coordinating design, scoping, planning, sign off, operation and dismantling of.
Ensure all aspects of end user equipment & services are implemented according to FIFA requirements for the event.
Technical domains include:
- Laptops & accessories
- Operating systems, standard image & applications
- Group policies and user rights management
- Multifunction & individual printers, Print & Scan solution
- Mobile & VoIP telephony
- Asset and configuration management application
- Support Technology Equipment Allocation Process and integration with other IT services
- To collect specific end-user devices’ requirements and make sure they are considered during the design and implementation process.
- To take part in defining the access matrix to Q22/FIFA IT resources
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA and Host Country relevant parties for the smooth commissioning of assets based on standardized processes and images
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA and Host Country staging, logistics, implementation, assets management and support models of end user equipment during the event and readiness exercises
- Plan assets management politics and procedures
- Plan and design, integrated with FIFA cyber security and infrastructure teams, images and distribution as per demand definition
- Support in design of the infrastructure needed for the services delivery
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise throughout the planning process and signing off designs
- Ensure that the assets configuration complies with the image defined and is the up to date.
- Coordinate staging and tests of the end-user devices
- Ensure End User Equipment tasks are clear and completed in scope, within budget and schedule
- Coordinate and follow-up with local and international providers (including Host Country relevant parties & FIFA) to ensure delivery of assets and services as per agreed service levels and configuration, ensuring smooth exchange of information and collaborative groups
- Manage and track the end-user equipment delivery to the venues.
- Manage and track the progress of implementation leading up to the timely availability of components and services and including the commissioning/decommissioning of the systems in all venues.
- Track the implementation of assets management process and lead suppliers on executing the process
- Develop policies and procedures and relevant training to the IT technicians
- Make sure that all the services are aligned with the FWC Support model
- Review and approve deliverables and integration level from Host Country relevant parties
- Report progress, issues and risks related to IT projects and operations, according to IT governance and keep counterpart aligned
- Ensure that all information pertaining to the delivery and support of end user equipment are communicated to, and understood, by venue/site authorities and respective delivery and support teams
- Effectively manage stakeholders and perform adequate communication with relevant parties
- Manage third-party asset providers during event and readiness exercises
- Ensure assets and services are delivered at agreed SLA and operational on-site support
- Provide support and guidance
- Keep asset information up to date
- Support the smooth termination of services and hand-over
- Deliver technical guidance, coaching & mentoring to team members
- Prepare good practice and educational material for personnel
- Collaborate with the final report and fact sheet for next FIFA tournaments
- Any other duties that may be required
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum experience of 8-10 years in IT Operations and Asset Management
- University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Strong IT skills and knowledge with end user equipment and system admin
- Expertise in factory builds software and processes
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory, SCCM, group policies, Virtualization
- Project Management skills to manage large-size and complex projects and initiatives
- Experience in international sports / event management
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience or knowledge of local culture is essential
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.