Technology Specialist – End User Equipment Expert
The Technology Specialist – End User Equipment expert is responsible for all IT assets operated by end-users, coordinating design, scoping, planning, sign off, operation and dismantling of.
Ensure all aspects of end user equipment & services are implemented according to FIFA requirements for the event.
Technical domains include:
- Laptops & accessories
- Operating systems, standard image & applications
- Group policies and user rights management
- Multifunction & individual printers, Print & Scan solution
- Mobile & VoIP telephony
- Asset and configuration management application
- Support Technology Equipment Allocation Process and integration with other IT services
- To collect specific end-user devices’ requirements and make sure they are considered during the design and implementation process.
- To take part in defining the access matrix to Q22/FIFA IT resources
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA and Host Country relevant parties for the smooth commissioning of assets based on standardized processes and images
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA and Host Country staging, logistics, implementation, assets management and support models of end user equipment during the event and readiness exercises
- Plan assets management politics and procedures
- Plan and design, integrated with FIFA cyber security and infrastructure teams, images and distribution as per demand definition
- Support in design of the infrastructure needed for the services delivery
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise throughout the planning process and signing off designs
- Ensure that the assets configuration complies with the image defined and is the up to date.
- Coordinate staging and tests of the end-user devices
- Ensure End User Equipment tasks are clear and completed in scope, within budget and schedule
- Coordinate and follow-up with local and international providers (including Host Country relevant parties & FIFA) to ensure delivery of assets and services as per agreed service levels and configuration, ensuring smooth exchange of information and collaborative groups
- Manage and track the end-user equipment delivery to the venues.
- Manage and track the progress of implementation leading up to the timely availability of components and services and including the commissioning/decommissioning of the systems in all venues.
- Track the implementation of assets management process and lead suppliers on executing the process
- Develop policies and procedures and relevant training to the IT technicians
- Make sure that all the services are aligned with the FWC Support model
- Review and approve deliverables and integration level from Host Country relevant parties
- Report progress, issues and risks related to IT projects and operations, according to IT governance and keep counterpart aligned
- Ensure that all information pertaining to the delivery and support of end user equipment are communicated to, and understood, by venue/site authorities and respective delivery and support teams
- Effectively manage stakeholders and perform adequate communication with relevant parties
- Manage third-party asset providers during event and readiness exercises
- Ensure assets and services are delivered at agreed SLA and operational on-site support
- Provide support and guidance
- Keep asset information up to date
- Support the smooth termination of services and hand-over
- Deliver technical guidance, coaching & mentoring to team members
- Prepare good practice and educational material for personnel
- Collaborate with the final report and fact sheet for next FIFA tournaments
- Any other duties that may be required.
- A minimum experience of 8-10 years in IT Operations and Asset Management
- University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Strong IT skills and knowledge with end user equipment
- Expertise in factory builds software and processes
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory, SCCM, group policies, Virtualization
- Project Management skills to manage large-size and complex projects and initiatives
- Experience in international sports / event management
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience or knowledge of local culture is essential
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.