Technology Commercial Manager
B2022 are looking for an experienced Technology Commercial Manager to be responsible for ensuring Technology supply contracts are successfully delivered within the agreed commercial frameworks, by implementing robust commercial processes, and by developing strong internal and external stakeholder relationships to realise the best outcome for the Games and all parties involved.
* Responsible for the commercial success of Technology Contracts that are essential to the successful delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
* Ensure that the OC's Technology Contracts are successfully delivered within the agreed commercial frameworks using robust commercial processes; Priority will be given to Telecoms Suppliers for Lot 1 Fixed & Mobile Connectivity Services, Lot 2 Venue Network Integration Services, Lot 3 Venue Network Equipment, Radio Communications Services and Ofcom Spectrum Management and Licensing Services. But a broader role will be required across other Technology Suppliers as and when required.
* Ensure that key technology contracts are fit for purpose from the outset to minimise commercial risk to the OC, with specific attention given to the pricing elements and commercial framework.
* Liaise regularly with appropriate internal functional areas such as the Technology Functional Areas, Procurement, Finance, Partnerships, Legacy and others to maximise the opportunities for successful relationships with Technology suppliers/partners within the prescribed agreements and timescales;
* Forge strong external relationships with technology partners and suppliers to ensure that the commercial terms of the Technology supply contracts are adhered to and that material changes are carefully analysed and approved and result in value for money for the OC and CGFP. This includes chairing regular commercial meetings with technology suppliers/partners, negotiating pricing for any new products and services and producing regular progress / commercial milestone reports.
* Support the procurement of technology services from a commercial perspective within the formal Birmingham 2022 Procurement Process, helping to deliver supply and partnership agreements which optimise commercial value to Birmingham 2022.
* Lead key technology contract management and technology rate card, including regular commercial reporting and forecasting, management of the change control process, managing incremental technology Rate Card orders, monitoring of supplier performance metrics to ensure on-time delivery to budget, whilst at all times managing and mitigating the commercial and contractual risks.
* Lead negotiations with technology suppliers / partners to appropriately resolve any contractual and commercial issues, as and when they arise.
* Enable Technology suppliers/partners to achieve their Games delivery narrative by liaising with appropriate internal and external stakeholders including the Partnerships Team.
* Deliver the post-Games Technology knowledge transfer requirements including Technology commercial and social value/legacy reports.
Skills & Experience Required
* Considerable evidence of relevant professional work experience.
* Excellent negotiation skills with experience of contractual terms and conditions preferred.
* Good understanding of technology pricing and strategies.
* Experience with Major Sporting Events in a similar role.
* Knowledge of IT and Telecommunications solutions and related services.
* Can do attitude with desire to succeed and get the job done.
* Highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable with remote management and can work independently.
* Contract negotiations (terms and conditions) experience in the Technology / Telecoms industry.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable.)
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice.)