Technical Architect and Senior Developer
Department: Technology CoE - Data & Information Management
Reports to: Director of Data Management
Any direct reports: No
Main Purpose of the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of new software systems. You will also be required to update existing software and conduct feasibility studies on company systems. Collaborating with upper management, you will play a key role in defining software requirements and assuming leadership of operational and technical projects.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work autonomously with minimal supervision, leveraging your exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the responsibility to drive projects forward, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. By delivering innovative and reliable software, you will contribute to the success of our organization and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure the overall development and operable well-being and maintenance for the European Tours statistical database (ETX) system and its primary interfaces into third parties.
- To act as a business consultant across the organisation, formalise new projects based on business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Maintain/enhance existing applications and creating new green field applications where required.
- To perform duties as a senior Technical Architect for the Tour's database and reporting infrastructure.
- To deputies for the Head of D&IM and Lead Technical Architect as will be required from time to time.
- Perform third-line operational support during Live Golf Tournaments on a, rota-basis. as required (evenings/weekends).
- To be visionary and assist in the creation of an effective roadmap for ETX in fields such as Data Science, Machine Learning and the Artificial intelligence.
- To assist in the commercialization of ETX and help establish effective new revenue streams.
Knowledge & Skill & Experience
Specialist Knowledge in the following:
- C# development using .NET framework
- UI Design including HTML and CSS
- Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL coding
- Rest API services
- Microsoft Azure e.g. App Services, API Management, Deployment
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Blazor
- Knowledge of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence such as Data Lakes.
- Problem solving & Decision-Making ADVANCED
- Business & commercial Acumen (Cash Crusader) INTERMEDIATE
- Planning & Organising INTERMEDIATE
Attitude & Motivation:
- Customer focus (includes Stakeholders, Sponsors & Promoters) ADVANCED
- Change, Innovation & Agility ADVANCED
- Delivering Results ADVANCED
- Self-Management & Personal Development INTERMEDIATE
- Collaboration CORE
- Communication & Influencing INTERMEDIATE
- Leadership Management & Coaching CORE