Team Assistant - Marketing and Communications
Closing Date - 22/04/2021
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Team Assistant to be responsible for supporting the day to day needs of our Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMO) and wider Communications, Marketing & Media (CMM) leadership team (Head of Marketing, Head of Communications, and Head of Media Operations).
The post holder must ensure the CMM leadership team are provided with effective and professional support and efficient time/diary management services, whilst recognising the requirement for preparation time for internal and external meetings, thereby assisting the leadership team to do their job effectively and efficiently.
- Provide a confidential and highly professional secretarial and support service to the CMM leadership team as required.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Executive and Senior Leadership Team, including domestic and overseas travel and accommodation arrangements. Undertake diary management for the Executives whilst taking into account preparation and travel time.
- Activate and filter the Executive's email traffic, responding where appropriate, and proactively dealing with issues as they arise.
- Ensure the Executives are briefed and well prepared for meetings and events, co-ordinating arrangements well in advance.
- Undertake diary management; including coordinating internal and external multi-stakeholder meetings, scheduling calls, logistics planning for group meetings, preparing relevant briefing materials and agendas, and taking minutes and following up actions where required.
- Arrange travel bookings, itineraries and accommodation for the Executives along with advance preparation through organising meetings and providing relevant papers/information for the trip.
- Provide a telephone support service by responding to enquiries, screening requests, delegating calls to other members of the team etc.
- Be an effective team member, contributing and assisting in the establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships with partnership organisations, other stakeholders and business contacts.
- Assist in the organisation of organisation-wide events.
- Provide meetings support with accurate minutes.
- Coordinate the logistics for all meetings, including meeting attendances, catering, parking and travel arrangements.
- Attend the relevant committee meetings to provide support with audio-visual arrangements and to take minutes.
- Work with the finance FA to log and file supplier and customer invoices in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of Executive's monthly corporate credit card statement and expenses.
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrate a high level of experience in similar roles and have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Take ownership of day to day workload and projects while prioritising demands from others and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate organisational expertise and experience in assisting and supporting senior staff, with the ability to prioritise demands in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite Products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and high level of attention to detail. Solid time management and goal orientation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence others and manage relationships and to quickly integrate into team environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- Experience using SharePoint and Office 365
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude, backed by speedy, accurate work
- Assertive not abrasive
- Flexibility and understanding of getting the job done
Salary - £21,000 per annum
Start date - ASAP
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.