Talent & HR Business Partner
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Talent and HR Business Partner role is, to own the strategic direction of the resourcing (recruiting) programme to oversee the recruitment of the paid staff workforce for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee. Working with the Recruitment Processing Outsourcing (RPO) provider, GI Group Ltd, the incumbent will assist with planning, monitoring and delivery of an effective recruitment strategy, effectively consulting, leading and guiding the recruitment programme in conjunction with the RPO. This role will also be responsible for maintaining the resourcing strategy and providing the link between the RPO and Birmingham 2022's HR team.
- Ensure delivery and maintenance of a flexible and robust recruitment strategy for B2022
- Act as a business partner to the Organising Committee hiring community, providing confidential and effective coaching and advice to line managers, ensuring a deep understanding of that functional areas' recruitment strategy.
- Manage the relationship with the RPO to ensure the maintenance of the employer brand and all commitments and KPI's are met
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, Head of EDI and the RPO, guide the delivery of a diverse and inclusive B2022 paid staff team
- Manage/oversee the delivery of Birmingham 2022's EDI and CSR commitments that relate to recruitment (Armed Forces Covenant, Disability Confident Scheme etc)
- Working with the RPO, continuously review and improve recruitment processes to ensure they meet the changing needs of the organisation; act as a point of escalation for issues and retain ownership until resolution
- In conjunction with the Head of HR and Finance, manage the workforce headcount plan and budget and the flow of that information to the RPO
- Early careers planning and processes (year in industry, apprentices, work experience, placements)
- Own the onboarding of any Birmingham 2022's employees that require sponsorship and maintenance of any records in conjunction with our Legal Supplier (Gowlings) and RPO team
- Where applicable, and in conjunction with the RPO, deliver training sessions and workshops to improve the hiring manager's hiring capability
- Work with the Skills and Employment Manager to engage with partners in Birmingham City Council, DCMS, West Midlands Combined Authority and other government or third sector organisations that support employment and skills projects, to develop creative and sustainable strategies for engaging those furthest from the job market
Skills & Experience Required
- Significant experience in the strategic management of resourcing and/or recruitment
- In depth knowledge of UK employment law and compliance.
- Experience in managing an RPO provider
- Experience in conducting labour market skills gap analyses
- Knowledge of working with Government partners and other stakeholders in developing employment and skills initiatives to benefit local job opportunities
- Proven track record in delivering recruitment strategies covering volume and specialist roles, in a fast moving, commercial environment
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse and think through complex challenges, deliver appropriate solutions and understand the strategic HR agenda.
- High level of organisational skills and experience in managing demanding projects simultaneously
- CIPD Qualified
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.