Table Tennis Coach
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$443,124to HK$930,560)
Reporting to the Head Table Tennis Coach, the Table Tennis Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Table Tennis Association;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Table Tennis Association with coach education programmes; and
- Perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching Table Tennis athletes at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.