The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s designated organisation to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$497,285 to HK$1,253,926)
Reporting to the Head Swimming Coach, the Swimming Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Amateur Swimming Association;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise Assistant Coaches and part-time coaches;
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Amateur Swimming Association with coach education programmes; and
- Perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A University degree or its equivalent;
- A valid coaching certificate issued by the relevant governing body;
- A minimum of 5 years professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching Swimming athletes at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept @hksi.org.hk on or before 17 Aug 2022. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20220804-SWMC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS ANEQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
應徵者請附上申請表格及要求待遇，於2022年8月17日或之前寄香港新界沙田源禾路25號香港體育學院有限公司人力資源經理收或電郵致:hrdept @ hksi.org.hk。請註明申請編號: HKSI-20220804-SWMC 。