Strength & Conditioning Coach
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Scientific Conditioning Manager and the Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach, the Strength & Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
To develop and implement safe and effective training programmes for athletes;
To supervise injured athletes’ training in cooperation with the Sports Medicine Centre;
To coordinate scientific testing in cooperation with the Scientific Assessment team and TID team;
- To perform fitness and field-testing on athletes for monitoring training progress;
- To collaborate with other disciplines of the Scientific Conditioning Center and other Centres as appropriate to the biopsychosocial operational model;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sports teams;
- To centralize and maintain a database for all training records;
- To organize, implement and assist in educational workshops and lectures for athletes, coaches and/or NSAs;
- To monitor the maintenance of the fitness area and equipment;
- To keep abreast of the current trends of Strength and Conditioning for peak performance; and
To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A university degree in strength and conditioning, sports science or a relevant discipline;
A minimum of 4 years’ relevant working experience;
Holder of certified strength and conditioning specialist certification or a related qualification;
Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Ability to speak Cantonese and Putonghua is a definite advantage;
- Proficient in MS-Word and Excel; and
Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary.
An appointment will be on a fixed-term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER