Stadium Operations Manager
We are seeking a highly stress-resistant, confident and pro-active Stadium Operations Manager to help support the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022™
The role involves working as an onsite extension of the Stadium Management team (based at FIFA’s headquarters in Zürich), in order to facilitate workflow and operations from within the host country.
We are looking for a strong personality with the right skills, experience and personality to quickly integrate into a fast paced, challenging and exciting environment.
- Ensuring that Stadium Operations undertaken by the Stadium Authority at each of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 stadiums are fit for purpose, ready and integrated into the overall delivery of FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Being an ambassador for best practice stadium operations and sharing learnings with Host Country Stadium Operators.
- Undertake the organisation of Stadium Operator Workshops co-ordinating logistical arrangements, dates and timings, attendees and speakers. Producing and co-ordinating content in conjunction with FIFA Stadium Management and other functional areas.
- Ensuring that stadium readiness reporting and action plans are completed according to schedule; addressing and escalating any issues thereon.
- Monitoring stadium inaugurations, readiness and test events and producing timely and actionable reports.
- Ensuring that stadium operators are fully aware of all FIFA Functional Area Operational requirements during the tournament period to ensure seamless delivery of all World Cup operations.
- Willing to take a “hands-on” active tournament-time role.
Project management and coordination
- Representing FIFA Stadium Management within the Host Country and taking the lead on specific projects
- Organising and participating in regular review meetings to discuss and process changes to Stadium Operations
- Acting as focal point for all stadium operations issues for Q22 functional areas.
- Overseeing the handover and handback of stadiums for the tournament period.
- Ensuring the facilities management services in stadiums during the tournament are delivered in accordance with agreed service levels.
- Any other duties that may be required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (preferred)
- 5-8 years of experience in stadium management (including experience working for international sporting events)
- Experienced in managing and organising football matches and other events in a stadium environment
- Ability to read maps & plans and construction project plans
- Project management experience
- Excellent organisation, time-management and administrative skills (maintaining a highly efficient approach at all times)
- Strong attention to detail (high standards for quality)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- English fluency (required) and additional language proficiency (preferred)
- Site planning and event related experience (required)
- Experience with online collaboration tools (an asset)