The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Sport Psychologist, the Sport Psychologist will be responsible for the following duties:
- To conduct individual and group psychological consultation with athletes including, psychological skills training for competitive sport performance, counselling for maintenance of mental health, rehabilitation counselling for injured athletes.
- To provide on-field support services to athletes at local and overseas training and competition, if necessary;
- To plan and implement educational programmes such as lectures and workshops for both athletes and coaches.
- To plan, conduct, and participate in collaborative applied research project.
- To contribute to the Sport Psychology Centre’s regular evaluation and review of best-practice psychological interventions in relation to emerging international research and development.
- To effectively represent the HKSI at international and local conferences and professional seminars and meetings.
- To demonstrate an active commitment to personal professional development and to the development of the Sport Psychology profession.
- To assist the Senior Sport Psychologist for departmental administration.
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by senior staff.
- A master degree in sport psychology or related discipline;
- Professional registration or licensing in psychology, sport psychology or related field;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience in both research and practical field;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese (including Cantonese and Putonghua);
- Effective and efficient team player;
- Able to work in irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Awareness/knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please click ''apply'' to submit your CV with expected salary or, send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept@ hksi.org.hk on or before 15 June 2023. Please quote reference no. GS-20230516-SPS in the application.
An appointment will be on a fixed-term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER