The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Sports Medicine Manager and the Senior Sport Physiotherapist, the Sport Physiotherapist will be responsible for the following duties:
- To provide physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation services for scholarship athletes and to provide overseas on-field support;
- To liaise with coaches, sports medicine professionals, sports scientist, strength and conditioning coaches and related personnel on athletes’ rehabilitation, injury management, and the planning of injury prevention programmes;
- To plan and conduct sports medicine related research, educational programmes for athletes and coaches;
- To assist training and supervising junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy students；and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A university degree in physiotherapy or a relevant discipline, preferably a master degree in sports physiotherapy or musculoskeletal physiotherapy;
- Must be registered by the Hong Kong Physiotherapy Board, with a minimum of 4 years’ physiotherapy or sports relevant working experience;
- Experience in managing sports injury;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please click 'apply' to submit your CV with expected salary or send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11 December 2023. Please quote reference no. GS-20231128-SPT in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER