Sponsorship Services Executive
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Sponsorship Services Executive to be responsible for management of sponsors, rights fulfilment and activation maximisation in a leading or supporting capacity. Additionally, this individual will be an internal voice representing sponsors and the sponsorship programme within the OC in a way that balances the interests of the sponsors, CGFP and the Organising Committee to help achieve positive outcomes for the sponsorship programme.
The salary range for this position is £20,000 - £25,000.
- Lead or support in the relationship management of a portfolio of sponsors ensuring timely and efficient delivery of rights. For tier one sponsors this position will play a supporting role to the Sponsor Services Manager.
- Regularly update line manager on progress, successes, issues arising and resolutions.
- Oversee efficient and professional sponsor handover, in line with agreed processes, from Sponsor Sales to Sponsor Servicing.
- Work with allocated sponsor and the Organising Committee to efficiently launch their sponsorship and ensure all sponsor recognition is accurately updated.
- Update the Sponsor Services database with allocated sponsor information to ensure its accuracy.
- Work in partnership with FAs to ensure efficient delivery of the brand approvals process for your sponsor portfolio.
- Identify collaborative marketing opportunities between the sponsor and the Organising Committee for the benefit of the Games and the commercial partner.
- Ensure allocated sponsors are adhering to given deadlines for the delivery of rights i.e. tickets, accommodation, hospitality, ticketing, transport, accreditation etc. Provide guidance and advice if the sponsor needs support.
- For allocated sponsors, develop an ongoing relationship management strategy (status calls, WIP reports etc) to ensure they are being provided with the required support.
- For VIK sponsors work with relevant FAs internally to ensure a joined-up approach and transparency around service provision and sponsor rights delivery. Additionally, fully track VIK spend against agreed budget.
- Provide any updates or documentation as requested regarding allocated sponsor portfolio.
- Support allocated sponsors in the completion, and sign off, of their Games Time Operational Plan.
- Support in the execution of the sponsor workshop series to ensure we are providing the platform to undertake sponsor rights education, OC key project alignment and offering a forum for discussion.
- Help in the delivery of a series of networking and relationship building events with the objective of creating deeper connections between the OC and sponsor family and amongst the sponsors themselves.
- Support, when required, in the completion of Sponsor Services policies and Games Time Operational Plan and support in the requirements around Programme Management and Integrated Planning of Birmingham 2022.
Skills & Experience Required
- Some experience of managing sponsors and the delivery commercial rights
- Demonstrate a full suite of project management skills
- Strong communicator, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Skilled at preparation of manuals, reports and presentation documents that are well written and well presented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- Excellent, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence others and manage relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Project management in a sport event context
- Working in a complex stakeholder environment (public/private)
- Experience of working in a sporting context
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice)