Spectator Services Planning Manager
Spectator Services (SPS) function mission is to make all the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 spectators feel welcomed and ensure they have all the information and assistance they need in the stadiums to have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Spectator Services (SPS) perform a wide range of services inside and around the stadiums focused on wayfinding, information, ushering, information points, lost & found items, restricted items storage, children registration and mobility assistance services. Spectator Services is also responsible for the high-quality approach to deliver the best spectator experience in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 stadiums.
The Spectator Services (SPS) Planning Manager is responsible for the project planning, workforce management, training, readiness, logistics and procurement of the Spectator Services function.
This position will work closely with internal service providers and public stakeholders with whom shall interact during the planning phase to reach a top level operational integration.
- Develop and integrate the Spectator Services project plan with the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 overall project plan. Identify risks, gaps and opportunities for efficiencies and proactively communicate the project status, issues & risks to the Spectator Services Manager.
- Responsible for the effective workforce planning, recruitment, selection, placement, rostering, scheduling, performance evaluation and retention of the entire Spectator Services workforce (paid and volunteer staff).
- Plan and oversee the implementation of effective workforce management processes of both paid staff and volunteers at the stadiums including: scheduling, check-in/out, deployment, redeployment, breaks, rotations, motivation/retention, etc.
- Train the SPS Stadium Managers and Assistant Stadium Managers on SPS project management, workforce management and other.
- Responsible for the development and delivery the Spectator Services training to SPS management staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate the development of the SPS workforce Policies and Procedures and the review of key functional areas policies and procedures that impact SPS workforce operations.
- Act as the SPS Liaison with Workforce and Human Resources functions.
- Organise retention events and activities for Spectator Services employees to enhance team building within Spectator Services.
- Oversee the resolution of the major issues of the stadiums and escalate to the Spectator Services Manager when appropriate.
- Organise the SPS Project Review meetings and SPS All Team Meetings. Develop the agenda, project updates, roll-outs of specific projects guidelines, training activities, etc.
- Ensures the effective planning, procurement and management of the SPS spaces, equipment and technology requirements.
- Lead the planning and delivery of other SPS related projects as assigned by the SPS Manager.
- Adapt to the needs of the role as per the Q22 evolution
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Line Manager directly related or relevant to the job
- Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
- to a high standard of quality and timeliness
- in full compliance with the Q22 Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and requirements in line with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master degree, or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Extensive experience in major sporting events, particularly in spectator / event services, workforce management / Human Resources, training, project planning, logistics, procurement.
- Exposure to all key aspects of delivering a major sporting event, preferably within football
- Experience in developing and documenting plans
- Knowledge of operational and delivery elements of major events
- Experience managing service providers as well as volunteers
- Previous work in generating, managing, tracking and reporting on multiple concurrent deliverables in various phases of development
- Strong management skills
- Proven customer service capability and experience
- Ability to engage and manage different stakeholders, from private to governmental agencies Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse audiences.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Able to influence decision by providing quantitative analysis evidence
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and deliver complex projects to time, quality and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and high standards for quality output
- Poise under pressure
- Proven ability to effectively lead motivate and supervise individuals and teams
- Oriented to lead by example
- Creative thinker with strong implementation skills
- Flexible when facing constant change
- Team player when led by others
- Energetic, enthusiastic, professional in demeanor, positive attitude and team spirit
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment
- Ability to create spreadsheets, documents, presentations
- English fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic fluency – spoken and written (a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present efficiently and confidently to large groups.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)