Spectator Services Information & Communication Manager
Spectator Services (SPS) function mission is to make all the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 spectators to feel welcomed and ensure they have all the information and assistance they need in the stadiums to have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Spectator Services (SPS) perform a wide range of services inside and around the stadiums focused on wayfinding, information, ushering, information points operation, lost & found items, restricted items storage, children registration and mobility assistance services. Spectator Services is also responsible for the consistent and high-quality approach to deliver the best spectator experience in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 stadiums.
The Spectator Services Information & Communication Manager will ensure that spectators will have all the necessary information they need before and during the tournament. Will also leads the SPS Information team for the successful planning and delivery of stadium information point operations, the Lost & Found services, mobility assistance services, children registration, baby stroller storage, and other services in all the stadiums.
- Responsible for the successful integrated planning and delivery of all the spectator related information regarding FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
- Leads the SPS Information team for the successful planning and delivery of stadium information point operations, the Lost & Found services, mobility assistance services, children registration, baby stroller storage, audio description devices loan and other services in all the stadiums as well as all the spectator information content and materials that will be produced.
- Responsible for the content development of the tournament spectator guide. Work closely with key stakeholders for the content development of online spectator information.
- Develop and integrate the Spectator Services project plan related to spectator information and communications deliverables with the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 overall project plan. Identify risks, gaps and opportunities for efficiencies and proactively communicate the project status, issues & risks to the Spectator Services Manager.
- Oversee the resolution of the major issues of the stadiums related to spectator information and communications and escalate to the Spectator Services Manager when appropriate.
- Train and mentor the SPS Stadium Managers, Coordinators and volunteers on all spectator information content, services and operations.
- Ensure the effective planning and delivery of the stadiums’ spectator information operations by working closely with the SPS Operations Manager and key functional areas such as Communications, Venue Management, Security and other.
- Lead the development of the SPS Policies and Procedures related to spectator information and communications. Responsible for the review of other key functional areas policies that impact on stadiums spectator experience and SPS operations.
- Lead the planning and delivery of other SPS related projects as assigned by the Spectator Services Manager.
- Adapt to the needs of the role as per the Q22 evolution
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Line Manager directly related or relevant to the job
- Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
- to a high standard of quality and timeliness
- in full compliance with the Q22 Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and requirements in line with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master degree, or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Extensive experience in major sporting events, particularly in spectator information and communication, spectator / event services operations, lost and found items, accessibility services.
- Exposure to all key aspects of delivering a major sporting event, preferably within football.
- Experience in developing and documenting plans.
- Knowledge of operational and delivery elements of major events.
- Excellent understanding of spectators’ behavior and motivations.
- Experience managing service providers as well as volunteers.
- Previous work in generating, managing, tracking and reporting on multiple concurrent deliverables in various phases of development.
- Strong management skills.
- Proven customer service capability and experience.
- Ability to engage and manage different stakeholders, from private to governmental agencies Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse audiences.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Able to influence decision by providing quantitative analysis evidence.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and deliver complex projects to time, quality and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and high standards for quality output.
- Poise under pressure.
- Proven ability to effectively lead motivate and supervise individuals and teams.
- Oriented to lead by example.
- Creative thinker with strong implementation skills.
- Flexible when facing constant change.
- Team player when led by others.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, professional in demeanor, positive attitude and team spirit.
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment.
- Ability to create spreadsheets, documents, presentations.
- English fluency – spoken and written (required).
- Arabic fluency – spoken and written (a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present efficiently and confidently to large groups.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset).