Social Media Editor
Established in 1901, the PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members through its strategic principles of providing world-class services, influencing and delivering through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. To effectively support its strategic delivery objectives, The PGA is seeking to recruit a Social Media Editor who will be part of our Media team, reporting to our Head of Communications.
The ideal candidate will drive the Association’s social media and digital content ambitions, enabling better promotion of The PGA brand, activities of The PGA, PGA Members and Partners. The role is critical to ensuring the successful implementation of the social media and digital communications strategy, as well as improving communication with Members, the golf industry and the wider golfing public.
- Plan, create and deliver engaging content across all social media platforms in support of the wider communications activities of The PGA
- Drive the development of an effective social media programme to increase engagement and reach to a range of agreed audiences as well as supporting regional teams with their social media activity
- Own and manage the social media posting schedule to effectively promote PGA campaigns & initiatives, Member activity, commercial Partners, industry bodies and The PGA itself
- Work with the media team to implement the broader digital content strategy, ensuring all content is effectively presented through social channels for trade and consumer audiences
- Create a range of content for PGA media channels as required, both for internal (PGA Members) and external (industry/consumers) audiences – this could include anything from features articles and partner activations to video interviews or podcast/webinar content
- Assist with planning and production of PGA Live podcasts and webinars
- As a key member of the media team, work with stakeholders from across the organisation on a range of projects, providing ideas and support for initiatives to support our commercial and business objectives
- Assist with regular reporting, using analytics to understand trends and optimise and improve the content, delivering digital platform excellence, against agreed KPIs.
- Providing insight on new trends, developments and platforms to help maximise social reach
- Having a solid understanding of the full marketing mix, including social, web, email, SEO, digital
- Experience in creating engaging optimised content across channels
- Proven track record of social management obtained from working across major social media platforms; experience of developing/delivering social strategies
- Copywriting and campaign collateral creation
- Experience with CMS, social media management and other relevant software/analytical tools.
- Being able to coordinate and deliver multiple projects to agreed timeframes with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrating high levels of accuracy and attention to detail, good presentation and video skills
- Ability to understand audience analytics and effectively increase engagement
- Excellent golf knowledge, understanding the needs and demands of the business, PGA Members and the golf industry.
- As well as having a creative flair and a flexible approach, the successful applicant will need to be a proactive forward planner, self-motivated, remain calm under pressure and present a professional image of The PGA.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Association is offering membership of The PGA pension scheme and (after a qualifying period) membership of the private healthcare, company sick pay, group income protection and group life assurance schemes.
This is a permanent, full-time role working around the core hours of the business (9 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday). Occasional weekend and/or bank holiday working however are essential to fulfil this role. We strive to continually improve the working lives of all our people and the successful candidate will be invited to take part in our hybrid working trial which offers more flexibility in working hours and the opportunity to spend part of the week working remotely.