Signage & Dressing Manager
The Signage & Dressing Manager will work as a Qatar-based extension of the FIFA Senior Manager (based at FIFA’s headquarters in Zürich) in order to facilitate workflows and operations from within the host country. They will be responsible for managing all internal and external stakeholder relationships with FIFA functional areas, contracted providers, host country parties and official site management to ensure a flawless delivery of the Dressing and Signage project for FIFA World Cup 2022™.
The Dressing and Signage project for FIFA World Cup 2022™ focuses on ensuring that all tournament official sites, associated locations and ancillary events are branded effectively to offer the maximum, high-quality visibility for FIFA and its commercial affiliates. The project will also ensure that site and event functionality is optimized by installing wayfinding signage and dressing strategically selected locations in collaboration with the relevant functional areas.
The Signage & Dressing Manager will be required to have a strong personality with the right skills, experience and knowledge to quickly integrate into a fast paced, challenging and exciting environment.
Dressing & Signage
- Ensuring that all elements of FIFA event dressing and signage for FIFA Official Sites and events are planned, produced and implemented into the overall delivery of FIFA World Cup 2022 and according to FIFA Brand and Commercial Affiliate Guidelines.
- Cost effective management of all activities to consistently achieve the recognised standards and availability to satisfy both FIFA and the Host Country to the expected standard and its target groups.
- Collaborate closely with the Host Country team to ensure that their Dressing and Signage operations outside of official sites is fit-for-purpose and integrated successfully into the overall delivery framework.
- Act as a point-of-contact for all host country-based teams and report to FIFA Senior Manager with updates and reports of new information regularly.
- Undertake site visits with functional areas and contracted providers when required to devise dressing and signage strategy for each site and event.
- Assist in ensuring that all contracted services from providers are delivered to agreed formats, schedules and quality levels as stipulated within agreements.
- Feed into design process by briefing designers, approving artworks and specifying requirements for dressing items at each site.
- Contribute to wayfinding signage strategy for all sites and events and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that signage meets the needs of all target groups.
- Assist with the provision of documentation for all sites to ensure that permissions and approvals are granted for the installation of all dressing and signage materials.
- In alignment with specified timelines, capture all dressing and signage requirements from Q22 projects and FIFA functional areas and manage the subsequent approval and scheduling process.
- During the tournament phase, assume the position of Dressing and Signage Venue Manager, managing all operations at an agreed stadium for the duration of the event.
Project management and coordination
- Representing FIFA Stadium & Infrastructure Management within the Host Country and taking the lead on specific projects
- Organising and participating in regular review meetings to discuss and process changes to the agreed framework.
- Acting as focal point for all Dressing, Wayfinding and Signage issues for Q22 and FIFA functional areas.
- Overseeing all simultaneous installation activities for the pre- and setup tournament period.
- Feed in to the overall delivery schedule, ensuring that operations are implemented to a timetable required to satisfy all dressing and signage needs for the project.
- Ensuring that FIFA FWC Qatar 2022 Look & Feel readiness reporting and action plans are completed according to schedule; addressing and escalating any issues thereon.
- Oversight of the delivery of providers, ensuring that their implemented services meet the requirements and exceptional standards of the FIFA World Cup 2022™ project.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years as a Signage or Branding Manager in major temporary events or other complex environments.
- Comprehensive understanding of signage production, installation and design processes.
- Substantial experience in Project and Brand Management.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and extensive budgets concurrently.
- Be familiar with managing one or several suppliers
- English fluency (required) and additional language proficiency (preferred)
- Experience with online collaboration tools (an asset).