Service Desk Manager
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Service Desk Manager to sit within the IT Services Delivery team. This is a pivotal and multifaceted role which will support many aspects including new implementations, the day to day management of the Service Desk, the end to end delivery of service to end users, equipment ordering and processing, asset management and deliveries.
The successful candidate could progress to a Service Delivery Manager role in the Technology Operations Centre at Games time.
The salary for this position is £38,000-£42,000.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of the Service Desk including oversight and resolution of incidents, requests and changes to the defined SLA's
- Participate in the ongoing development of ServiceNow to meet the Games time requirement.
- Placement of equipment requests to Procurement and subsequent placement of orders with suppliers
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to support asset management
- Maintain the hardware and software asset register
- Ensure the equipment (software, scanning and printing) that supports asset management is maintained
- Work with Technology suppliers to define consistent asset management procedures and processes that enable the accurate and efficient deployment of equipment across all venues;
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships with third party suppliers in order to fulfil the remit
- Post Games - work with the Venue Technology Managers to manage the recovery of IT assets from venues, minimising damage and theft
- Post Games - be primary responsible for creating and implementing the process for returning user PC's / IT equipment, cataloguing the returns and updating the asset register;
- Ensure and returned IT assets are securely wiped of data
- Work with the appropriate teams to dispose of residual IT assets aligned to the Organising Comittee's Dissolution Plan
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Manager to ensure IT and reprographics equipment is planned, delivered and recovered ensuring the right equipment and quantities are deployed to the right user or venue at the right time
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience as a Manager / Team Lead
- Proven track record as a Service Desk Manager across large scale IT Managed Services organisation(s)
- Solid End-User computing background across PC hardware and peripherals, Microsoft technologies, audio visual and reprographics
- Supplier Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Configuration Management (CMDB)
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- ITIL certification
- ServiceNow admin / user experience
- Experience of Microsoft O365 and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Previous Service Desk Manager experience within large multi-sport event(s)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice)